This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New TV purchase
So a relative is refusing to give us wedding money and has decided he wants to buy us a new telly! We don't really get a choice so we're going along with it.  ;D

The budget is £600 + watever we can sell our current telly for. The current telly is a samsung 37 inch HD LCD tv. I bought it three years ago because it was the best make and largest size HD LCD TV that i could afford. This time round I'd ideally like 3D if possible at this budget, internet would be good too. Anything else I should look for, any other advice you'd care to hare with me?
You are gettign £600 as a wedding gift? fo
The LED TV's look amazing. Samsung SmartTV's get good write ups for the internet capabilities etc, but I would go into a lot of shops and ask for a lot of demo's and play around. I can recommend Richer Sounds if there is one you can get to for their excellent customer service. LG's LED TV's are nice too but Ive no knowledge of their internet abilities.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"Breezer" Wrote:You are gettign £600 as a wedding gift? fo

I know, we're very lucky, he's very stupid and has too much money obviously.

No Richer Sounds down this way which is a shame, Ashford's last independent TV and Hifi place closed a while back. It'll prob need to be bought from Currys, Comet or similar.
"mashley" Wrote:I know, we're very lucky, he's very stupid and has too much money obviously.

No Richer Sounds down this way which is a shame, Ashford's last independent TV and Hifi place closed a while back. It'll prob need to be bought from Currys, Comet or similar.

Apart from the really nice shop next to macdonalds in town  Wink
That closed if my memory serves me right?  Undecided
T'was open yesterday  Wink

http://www.badaweb.co.uk/soundcrafthifi/

Not sure about the nice tv's they have in the window, but you can get some nice speakers  :o
Something tells me your budget wouldn't stretch to half a TV from that place !!
Agree with Wayne though, it 'might' buy you a pair of small-mid size speakers :o
I would make a trip to one if it were me spending £600+ tbh. You can try Superfi as well, the Camden store is good and the are very helpful too.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Richer sounds not in Maidstone anymore?