This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake pads
Yo!

Covert ruined my rear pads today! (it was awesome! - sorry to shoot off Andy and mark when you were pushing up)

anyway, I see a lot of you tend to go with non branded pads - i.e avids.. Are superstar any good? Would quite like to pick up 4 or 5 pairs Smile

ta
"BennyP" Wrote:Yo!

Covert ruined my rear pads today! (it was awesome! - sorry to shoot off Andy and mark when you were pushing up)

anyway, I see a lot of you tend to go with non branded pads - i.e avids.. Are superstar any good? Would quite like to pick up 4 or 5 pairs Smile

ta

Organic Superstar ones for me, bed them in properly.

These ones
Always used superstar pads, normal organic ones. Good performance, good price, quick delivery and normally get some sweeties on arrival as well  Smile
Discos for me from bikefridge on eBay. Current pads been in over a year but do need to be bedded in
I used to use ebc green pads on my hopes on my old bike and they were awesome couldnt grumble at all no fade and really good from cold/wet  Wink
Superstar. With their prices as good as they are you can't go wrong. I've run both kevlar and organic compounds. On faster longer descents the kevlar pads become glazed. Organic have been fine though.
I will do a cheeky superstar order in that case - fair point about the delivery too, nice a quick for me last time. Need them for Wednesday too.

Thanks y'all
Disco for me too, 4 pairs for around £17 and last pretty good. Never used Superstar so can't compare. I do have some Superstars that Steve gave me though so will put them in next.

Ben- No worries mate, you did say before we pushed back up you had to go soon so should have said goodbye then, glad you enjoyed it. Must upload my helmet cam footage.
Went for the Superstar organics in the end as they were down to 17.99 for 4 pairs. Fingers crossed they arrive by wednesday post so I can get them on for the Blean ride  8)
Cheeky follow up message - Pads arrived first thing this morn at work, excellent service from Superstar again!  8) Probably will try their Flatland 780 bar when the heckler gets its AM upgrade shortly as It is cheaper new than any equivalent Fatbar or Atlas FR Bar 2nd hand on eBay.

Anyway, sitting here munching the free haribo and using my new bargain Sennheiser in-ears that also showed up today. £12 reduced from 30.

Should be a GOOD day!  Wink