This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xtr shadow plus
Hello dude after a bit of brain picking. My hammer-smidit has died and my rear derailleur is a loose as my nans teeth, thinks me time to rebuild so thinking a 10 speed setup and like the look of a xt double crank set and a mid length xtr shadow rear derailleur. Running a 11-34 casset with a 38-26 double crankset. Wondering if this ratio of gears would let me pedal up the steepest of climbs . Wondered what people had heard about the shadow plus and if it works on a 150mm travel bike and would mean not having to run a chain guild, also if  if this is a good ratio of gears for ridiing places like surrey hills ect. thanks guys  Smile
Good question....  I am giving the Shadow Plus some serious thought...  was sort of hoping that there would be a similar offering from Sram and maybe an XT one to bring the cost of the experiment down.

Not helpful I know but will let you know if i get my hands on one.
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
was thinking the same but doesn’t look like it will trickle down to xt soon and sram shows no sign of something similar. Have heard said on longer travel bikes it might impede the travel  Undecided also wasn’t sure on the mid length cadge with running the 36t up front as the limit suggests max 35t or is this referring to the cassette Undecided Undecided