This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XCRacer.com
Maybe not a review as such but a big green tick in the box.

Bought some bar ends from them a few weeks back, only got around to fitting on Saturday evening so fired up the torque wrench to match the recommended setting, bar end one on fine, bar end two, ping! The bolt shears leaving me with a useless bar end.

Email off to XCRacer support about 9:30 this morning, within the hour I get a reply saying really sorry we have put a new set in the post. No questions, no arguments about me doing it wrong, just good, honest customer service.  Smile
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Bar ends? Is it 1995? I have some blue xlite stubbies and a dayglo frame bag you can have for free if you like.  
Maybe you should fit them to your clown bike to distract from that horrendous orange handlebar?  Wink
"General Sparks" Wrote:Maybe you should fit them to your clown bike to distract from that horrendous orange handlebar?  Wink

They arent lairy enough to do that job. But seriously,  they are free to any of you racer boys.
I might have the  stubbies....   thinking of a training bike for road miles based around the 20.5lbs hardtail I have that is rocking 63mm of errrm...  plush travel up front.
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
On the customer service thing....

Superstar still owe me 4 sets of brake pads after 6 weeks... a very strong email will be sent shortly.... and Play.com get the award for the most inept bunch of wasters ever!! Still waiting for items and a refund from them after over 3 weeks but that least they do reply to emails all be it slowly.

That is all
Bar ends & me dont seem to get on, even flat bars & me dont seem to get on.  Not that Im set in my ways eh!  or that im 40 soon & as inflexable as a length of scaffolding.
Can I take the opportunity to encourage you rich whilst on xcracer to browse the diary & perhaps sign up to a few events to test said bar ends out on?

Just a thought  Smile
&quot;dgw15&quot; Wrote:Bar ends & me dont seem to get on, even flat bars & me dont seem to get on.  Not that Im set in my ways eh!  or that im 40 soon & as inflexable as a length of scaffolding.

Jezuz... are you only 40....   my congratulations on getting this far through what has obviously been a tough life    Smile  are you coming to the Alps?
&quot;dgw15&quot; Wrote:Can I take the opportunity to encourage you rich whilst on xcracer to browse the diary & perhaps sign up to a few events to test said bar ends out on?

Just a thought  Smile

What you mean race/get them dirty? Are you insane?
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon