This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of Bounds!
I've ridden off road at some point,over most of kent,and been told off numerous times for riding in fields/woods etc.Most of these I've ignored and still carry on riding.Have'nt ridden the private part of Covert for a while.Got into an arguement with some American/Canadian woman/owner and had my picture taken for riding here.Managed to ride Summerhouse Hill near Channel Tunnel entrance in Summer on which one rider i know has been challenged(its the dome shaped hill which stands onits own)Found out since that its MOD land so will do it again.
So the question is where would not try to ride or not return to ride,in Kent?A wood,path,piece of derelict land etc.
I go pretty much anywhere. Was pootling around what is essentially somebodies garden the other day. Its a biiiiig garden and i doubt they venture to the end of it where I was. My main rule is that I wont climb over a fence into what is clearly private property.

There is an area of my local patch which has recently erected "PRIVATE" signs. These went up after some ill judged digging by some riders. Ill give it another 12 months and then start riding there again.

Footpaths are fair game for me too.

Some bloke vaguely threatened Jonny Domino and I about 10 years ago with his shot gun.  

I hope you smiled for the photograph.  ;D
A guy pretty much attacked a mate and i down at Wouldham a few years back.... fire shot gun and set nasty dogs on us.... its a public right of way.... gun and dogs didn't bother me as much as his knife bearing old hag wife who would have killed us i believe if she could've caught us.

Gotta love pikkies....  

Cough.... I did try and tell em Mr Blackers honest i did...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:A guy pretty much attacked a mate and i down at Wouldham a few years back.... fire shot gun and set nasty dogs on us.... its a public right of way.... gun and dogs didn't bother me as much as his knife bearing old hag wife who would have killed us i believe if she could've caught us.

Gotta love pikkies....  

Bloody hell! I take it you legged it?
They seem to have lost interest in that area now. That other lot are still creating their 1" wide st with jumps though.  Big Grin
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:A guy pretty much attacked a mate and i down at Wouldham a few years back.... fire shot gun and set nasty dogs on us.... its a public right of way.... gun and dogs didn't bother me as much as his knife bearing old hag wife who would have killed us i believe if she could've caught us.

Gotta love pikkies....  

Told you to be carefull who you kiss when you're drunk  Big Grin Big Grin
I'm squarely with Blackers on this one.
I'll climb over fences/stiles & ride footpaths IF it's quiet. Usually ride at stupid-o-clock anyhow so rarely meet walkers, just avoid anything marked private.
I've been out walking with our local footpath groups and then ridden the same paths later, it's a great way to find some interesting & sometimes technical trails Wink

Worth noting that if I do meet a walker I always give way, pet their dog & chat about the day/trails/dog/area. I can't recall the last time I had anything negative with a fellow footpath user tbh.
Recently (re)discovered the fun of riding footpaths. As I tend to ride in teh dark ( cause I have to work when it's light), there are few or zero walkers. Did get challenged once, by a walker with a dog and just suggested that we could both use the path.
Round here teh bridleways have been attacked by horses and 4-whell drive types. Many of teh paths are still free of them types. Wink
&quot;the great roberto&quot; Wrote:Recently (re)discovered the fun of riding footpaths. As I tend to ride in teh dark ( cause I have to work when it's light), there are few or zero walkers. Did get challenged once, by a walker with a dog and just suggested that we could both use the path.
Round here teh bridleways have been attacked by horses and 4-whell drive types. Many of teh paths are still free of them types. Wink

It's *the*, not teh! Wink
Why do I keep doing that.Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

The.The The.The.NOT Teh.