This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crundale route
Just published a Crundale route on the website below.

enjoy.

darren.
Did a ride from Blean to Larkey Valley,which is on your route,this morning.You've missed out the whole point of going to Larkey,the singletrack,why?Me thinks that your routes are too legal and safe,which leaves out all the best bits.There's some good riding in Denge and the other woods here,but its not on bridleways or byways.
True, I agree that in most woods thereare some great trails away from the marked bridleways and byways. When I recently started biking I did a search to find a website with detailed routes, I failed. Therefore, I decided to explore the legal routes and start a website to pass on the info to other mtbers that may want a change from their local area riding where they will know all of the woods inside out and where all of the best trails are.

Unfortunately it would be very difficult to give directions around large wooded areas due to the lack of signs and landmarks. Also, if I suggested routes that direct bikers onto marked footpaths, I would consider that to be quite irresponsible.

We all know good trails in our local areas, why not spread your wings and see more of the county. You might even enjoy it.

There are some fun routes at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mountainbikinginkent.co.uk">www.mountainbikinginkent.co.uk</a><!-- w -->

Have a good'un !
Only partially agree with you.It might be irresponsible to guide people onto legal footpaths but the vast majority of paths/tracks in woodland are'nt.They're just paths/tracks which no one on foot/horse/bike have any legal status to be on,its accepted or unknown by landowner.Though if its been going on for 20 plus years that could be challenged legally to be adopted as a legal highway.Plus there are numerous rides posted on this and other forums or websites for rides which are'nt 100% legal.And GPX files posted.
What i do agree with is your interest and committment to spread the trails of Kent to get people riding on other,new or unfamiliar trails.
[quote author=]Only partially agree with you.It might be irresponsible to guide people onto legal footpaths but the vast majority of paths/tracks in woodland are'nt.They're just paths/tracks which no one on foot/horse/bike have any legal status to be on,its accepted or unknown by landowner.Though if its been going on for 20 plus years that could be challenged legally to be adopted as a legal highway.Plus there are numerous rides posted on this and other forums or websites for rides which are'nt 100% legal.And GPX files posted.
What i do agree with is your interest and committment to spread the trails of Kent to get people riding on other,new or unfamiliar trails.[/quote]

+1 but I can understand why you've done it, better to do everything 100% above board and avoid any sort of trouble you could get into.
Also, may I add that it would literally take weeks to study all of the trails in dense woodland areas when you do not know them. And even then you will probablary miss some and get told by locals that you've missed the best bit.

I know this from my time studying Kings Wood, Challock.

It would be great if someone had the time to do this but, unfortunately, I haven't. Therefore, my goal is to create as many medium distance loops throughout the county as possible using the available byways and bridleways.

When this is completed the website will offer some more exciting projects.

As always, wishing you safe and fun riding,

darren.