This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD: Cleats
Anybody got any spare Spd cleats knocking about? Normal shimano pedal ones? I have a new pair of shoes that are currently useless.

Cheers
I was going to leave you a sarastic comment with a link to buying some, but then I looked at how much they are :o

If there are any going I'll have some too Wink
I was going to leave a sarcastic comment about how the pedals would still be useless even with cleats as he would be using them  Big Grin

Dont run shimano so cant help, if they are £15 odd like Times then probably cheaper to buy some cheap shimano pedals with free cleats and sell the pedals!

Note that some shimano cleats only release one way I think, not both?
http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/...PDM520.htm

£22 for some cleats seems cheap. When you consider you get a free pair of pedals  Smile Merlin should magically get them to you by Wednesday.
I'd rather not have to buy a set on the basis they are ridiculously over priced, especially since they come free with £20 pedals. I must have bought 6 or 7 pairs of Spd pedals but only ever 2 pairs of shoes sO somewhere around my house there must be 5 pairs of cleats, I just can't find them anywhere.
"Tinc" Wrote:I was going to leave you a sarastic comment with a link to buying some, but then I looked at how much they are :o

If there are any going I'll have some too Wink

Typical!! I have found a spare pair of cleats but they are the SM SH55 style (have a shallower angle on the engaging part of the cleat so they release a lot easier, sometimes too easy). I've used these before and didn't get on with then. You're welcome to them Tinc?

I use the SM SH51 style cleats if anyone has them .
Any use?
Yep they're the ones.  I've now found 4 cleats,3 SH55 and 1 SH51 so will have 1 more look to see if the rogue cleat turns up else I'll just buy these. Cheers.
I got cleats a week ago on eBay for about six quid, cant link as on phone, but try eBay
Keep it foolish...