This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoes - Suggestions?
My Nike riding boots (no...not a horse) are dying. They have been great but I think I would like to go for something a little lighter now. Preferably a bargain, SPD compatible and in any case under 50 quid.  Does anybody have any suggestions or recommendations?
Try some on, buy from CRC so you can send back if wrong size as all companies are different. Some come up quite narrow like Nikes for example. I went for Speciliazed ones as they have a wider toe area for my fat feet which gives a bit of movement for circulation, plus they have an excellent inner arch support.

Everyone is different though. I would go for ones with velcro over laces as they are impossible to undo when covered in mud and even more so if your fingers are frozen. Mine only have 3 velcro straps but never come loose, I sometimes tighten them up a bit when riding but thats it. More expensive ones typically have 2 velcros then a ratchet for the top one
i know you said SPD compatible but if you decide not to go clipless then have a look at the nike morgans, nice grippy grip.  My mate whos into free riding has them and paired with some v8's he never loses his footing
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:i know you said SPD compatible but if you decide not to go clipless then have a look at the nike morgans, nice grippy grip.  My mate whos into free riding has them and paired with some v8's he never loses his footing
Cheers for the suggestion.
I have used spds for about 18 years and love them. In fact I would so they (and egg beaters etc) are the best introduction to xc mtb ever. The two times i have ridden flats since i have hated them...power transfer just doesnt seem good. That said i appreciate that they suit certain riding disciplines and styles.