This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blean, Saturday 4th, 10-ish New Rd Car Park
Hi, anyone fancy a jaunt round Blean Saturday morning?  Recovering from a cold and being back on placement so just a little blast.  Smile
Could be up for this Anna. Nick mentioned he may be up for riding... plus I want to try his Whyte.....  Smile
Count me in. Not been out on the bike for ages ....
Good stuffs.  Should be a cold one too  ;D

Any preference on time?
Honestly anytime is good with me.

I had better dig out my mud-ish type tyres, mind you it might all be frozen lol
I've been running my XR4's there.  Some people like mud tyres, I've decided to not this year and the XR4's were the best all round tyre for my Remedy.  Mind you, it's my first winter of riding, so I may change my mind at some point.  It's supposed to be freezing the next few days, so think it should be pretty hard ground to be honest.  I guess we'll see tonight!! Wink  
I don't think its really muddy enough for mud tyres yet, as Anna said, our Bonty XR4's have been fine, and its not supposed to rain before then so should be good. I will no doubt post up how stupidly muddy it is tonight after saying that though Big Grin
I found it to be a tad muddy around some parts of Blean on Sunday - with many occasions where I was pedalling like fury & my back wheel was spinning round whilst my bike remained stationary - which made me laugh... so I have opted for some enormous tractor tyres for tonight which will no doubt grip nicely but slow me down even more - if that is possible  Wink
OK, I'm going to say 10 o/c, in Blean car park.  Will be nice and frozen I think as the temperatures are supposed to stay low into the weekend.  I'll have ALL my thermals on Smile and about time too!!
Cool 10 it is then. Haven't got full on mud tyres just some barons and some specialized somethingorothers which are on at the moment. I'll leave them on and see what happens