This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first bike build
just finished building up my first bike and considering im a bike novice i am well pleased with how it went the internet is an amazing teacher and it was great fun to do  ;D would show you a picture but dont know how to put them up Undecided just took it on its first test ride and loved it i payed local bike shop to check it all over and fine tune gears, brakes etc but well worth the effort just got no savings left now just a smile on my face oh well you only live once
"chunk" Wrote:just finished building up my first bike and considering im a bike novice i am well pleased with how it went the internet is an amazing teacher and it was great fun to do  ;D would show you a picture but dont know how to put them up Undecided just took it on its first test ride and loved it i payed local bike shop to check it all over and fine tune gears, brakes etc but well worth the effort just got no savings left now just a smile on my face oh well you only live once
Nice one! I love building bikes, so satisfying once you swing your leg over and take it for it's first spin up and down the road. Did you not find any vids on indexing the gears though? Thats the easiest bit, although Nigel still can't do gears Wink
"Treehugger" Wrote:Nice one! I love building bikes, so satisfying once you swing your leg over and take it for it's first spin up and down the road. Did you not find any vids on indexing the gears though? Thats the easiest bit, although Nigel still can't do gears Wink

for some reason i just cant get it right on the rear it drives me mad and i have been showed many times now. tink showed me a simple way but i still cant get it right.
dont get me wrong it was a steep learning curve i broke a couple of nuts of one in my new thompson stem until i found out about toque settings as im a bit heavy handed.  but really looking forward to going out on it properly tomorrow morning for a few hours and bonus being its frozen solid everywhere so wont have to clean it  Wink
Pics!!!!!!!  Smile
I wish I knew how too??
Use the attach files thing below where you type your message. I tend to have pics on my phone and I do it straight from there in its web browser Smile
Thanks Ben will try now
pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
very VERY nice sir! I do like the ASR 5, well any Yeti infact. Well done though, you can not beat doing it yourself! Maiden voyage planned?
Really really nice looking.