This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't find the right forks !
I am surfing ebay and pin-bike to get an idea of forks to put on my scott when i have the money. All the 150/160mm forks are either tapered or have a 20mm axle.

My front axle is 5mm, So i'd have to get a completely front new wheel if i got forks with a 20mm axle ?

And the Scott genius frame isn't tapered.

can anyone shed any light ?

cheers  Smile
Yeah most forks of that length would probably be a 15mm or 20mm axle now. And a fair few would be tapered. Second hand might be your best bet for an older pair.
You normally get the option when buying new to have tapered or non-tapered.

As for the axle thickness, depending on what type of wheel you have, you might be able to buy a conversion kit, otherwise a Hope Hoop front wheel isn't too dear. You will want 15-20mm thickness anyway because the front end is just too flimsy with standard QR.
Thanks  ;D
Mashley has flows on hopes from his Stumpy I believe, might be worth a PM, they are barely used.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon