This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skiing resorts
I'm sure ive asked before but now we are looking more closely at prices for next NYE. Can anyone suggest good resorts to go to. Mostly beginners, although we would practice before the trip. Europe, possible driving too.
Pal arinsal at Andorra, good for beginners,well priced too. My first trip was there
Keep it foolish...
Morzine is about the closest ski resort, you can get to. You've been there I believe. Part of the Port d'soilei (or something like that) so one of the bigest ski regions in the alps. Excellent runs for oll levels.

I've been twice and loved it both times.
I can vouch for Andorra too, we've been to Soldeu a good few times.
Plenty of good green & blue runs, plus a fair bit of red, black & some off-piste if you really take to it.

Cheap supermarkets, eating & drinking out, plus good cafes & bars on the mountains.
Last time we got a ski pass for the 3 main resorts there, got bus to Pas de le Casa & snowboarded back to Soldeu, great fun & all different runs too.
Canada! Stay in Banff and ski in Sunshine Village and Lake Louise. Google them and you'll see why we go back year after year. The snow is much better than Europe and is cheaper too with the utterly crap Euro at the moment.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Canada! Stay in Banff and ski in Sunshine Village and Lake Louise. Google them and you'll see why we go back year after year. The snow is much better than Europe and is cheaper too with the utterly crap Euro at the moment.

without looking im sure Canada will be more for a 4/5 day trip over new years by the time you've added flights etc.
"mashley" Wrote:without looking im sure Canada will be more for a 4/5 day trip over new years by the time you've added flights etc.

Ah I thought you were going for a week. In that case Europe would be cheaper then, but there's no guarantee of having enough snow around those dates, most of the French resorts i don't think got any meaningful snowfall till after NYE this year.
Deserts rarely get snow in my experience.  ??)
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"treaclesponge" Wrote:Deserts rarely get snow in my experience.  ??)

What you on about Treakle? I think your going mad lol.
"Treehugger" Wrote:What you on about Treakle? I think your going mad lol.

Its with a c  :Smile

Nice save.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon