This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biathlon
Wasn't sure whether to put it here or in the rides section, but anyway there is a biathlon at Kings Wood on the 8th March.  I might be interested if anyone else fancies a run / bike combo.  Looks like an easy ride but combined with a run it might be something a bit different

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ashfordtriclub.co.uk/kwd-mar09.htm">http://www.ashfordtriclub.co.uk/kwd-mar09.htm</a><!-- m -->
I might do it with someone from work who runs, bike thing does sound easy and short laps though but could be a laugh
i would enter if it wasent for my massive lack of running capability  :B,
I just asked the woman from work and she said 3k? thats nothing heh

I was in the Hastings atheltics club decades ago when I was your age but only raced up to 800m. I did enjoy cross country at school as we would go out into woods etc and jump streams which was a laugh
I can just about run a bath.... but my other half could easily run 3k.

Could be fun...
lol
I clearly meant duathlon by the way (thanks Jon) - biathlon is some kind of shooting thing...

Distances here look pretty easy but i guess you'd push yourself for a good time.  I'm still quite interested in giving it a go
Woman from work doesnt want to be seen with me in public so I wont be doing it as I refuse to run
I have to say I've been uming and arghing (sp?) about doing this.  Even if I don't do it I still plan to go along
and see what it's all about and how people do the transition.  Also I don't know the bike/run routes in Kingswood either.

Funnily enough I had planned to do my first brick session tonight since I have a turbo trainer and treadmill at
home to practice.  Also I think the tri club do another of these in Kingswood in the Autumn which would be
better.
I went to a Bi club last year, not what I thought it was, everyone was over friendly!  :o

Lot of the women had spikey hair and combats on too.....

There was me in my lycra gear for some rigourous excercise, and I ended up in a cage with a man in a leopardskin thong!....

I wrote a letter to the club chairman, Im yet to get a response.