This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've been shopping... And I'm still shopping...
Apart from a few oils.. And the Maxxis Ignitor from Mark...

I've just brought 4x Fire XC pro's - £40
HG30 cassette for the HR - £10
These, for HR:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=260357253952">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0357253952</a><!-- m -->

If they're any good I'll get another set for the I-Drive, but wanna look into getting a well known and trusted set up for that as quite simply it's going to take much more of a beating..

New pedals to come as the MG-1's are cracking up, new front rings needed too.. BB also, but I've had that ages... New cables I got the other day.
Next purchase.. New brakes!
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
sounds good but 4 tyres ? on top of the ones on the wheels  :o someones got some money spare, i assume your doing 2 on the idrive and 2 on the other bike,

if you do do that and just happen to find that the high roillers take up to much room ill take them away for ya  8)
&quot;TooYoungToKnow&quot; Wrote:sounds good but 4 tyres ? on top of the ones on the wheels  :o someones got some money spare, i assume your doing 2 on the idrive and 2 on the other bike,

if you do do that and just happen to find that the high roillers take up to much room ill take them away for ya  8)

Well in the supposed tyre sale on wiggle they were £21 each, so 4 for the price I got them for is pretty damn good! 2 are for the HR yeah and 2 for the I-Drive for when I'm going somewhere muddy and wanna actually get somewhere.. Wanna try out the ignitor in the front first though...

And get on your bike about the high rollers lol
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
&quot;Papa Smurf&quot; Wrote:Well in the supposed tyre sale on wiggle they were £21 each, so 4 for the price I got them for is pretty damn good! 2 are for the HR yeah and 2 for the I-Drive for when I'm going somewhere muddy and wanna actually get somewhere.. Wanna try out the ignitor in the front first though...

sounds like you got a good deal there

and it was worth a try no? Wink
Ive just been shopping too!

Finally opened my wallet and ordered my DT 4.2 rims on XT hubs from Merlin....

MMMMM..... spangly wheels!

Spending money on bike stuff is nice... Ive forgotton what it feels like.
I went shopping on the way home as well, beer and sweets....
&quot;Papa Smurf&quot; Wrote:Well in the supposed tyre sale on wiggle they were £21 each, so 4 for the price I got them for is pretty damn good! 2 are for the HR yeah and 2 for the I-Drive for when I'm going somewhere muddy and wanna actually get somewhere.. Wanna try out the ignitor in the front first though...

XC pros aren't much good in the mud but will do you just fine for dry conditions in the summer.  They still have a place in my 'tyre armoury' Smile
I find them better than High Rollers in the mud! You should of seen me on the BBH night ride few weeks ago.. It was like riding on and ice rink (yes I have done that) - But with less grip!
I've almost always had XC pro's on my HR and that's been through it all, so tyre to tyre performance.. I would trust the pro's in the mud more. Of course on the I-Drive it may be a whole different story.
For now the Ignitor is up front, HR on the back...
&quot;Papa Smurf&quot; Wrote:I find them better than High Rollers in the mud! You should of seen me on the BBH night ride few weeks ago.. It was like riding on and ice rink (yes I have done that) - But with less grip!
I've almost always had XC pro's on my HR and that's been through it all, so tyre to tyre performance.. I would trust the pro's in the mud more. Of course on the I-Drive it may be a whole different story.
For now the Ignitor is up front, HR on the back...

Its a personal thing and i'm not sure which i prefer out of those in the mud - probably the High Roller but i find both are sketchy in the clay you find at BBH.  Neither are mud tyres and for conditions like that the best i've found are trailrakers but the Mud X comes highly recommended.  They'll do a job though and like i say they are a good dry tyre.  Tyres are quite a personal thing though - the confidence you have in them is probably almost as important as the tyre itself!
Ive binned my bike twice quite badly up BBH of late running High Rollers and for the life if me Im sliding everywhere on the DH.

I think the clay gulleys are catching me out too badly and obviously the mud/clay/chalf mixture isnt great for anything!

In the dry at BBH, I love the High Rollers - cant wait for things to start drying as I feel like a part timer cyclist at the moment! (well I am!)

Only had nevegals before, I didnt get on with them. (they kept stealing my biscuits and I didnt like their attitude)  Wink