This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2K Full Suspension
It is time to sell both my Specialized hardtail (& my v vintage Trek 3000) in favour of a new all singing all dancing full suspension XC/downhill bike.  Have been admiring Anna's Remedy 7 recently but open to all suggestions.  

Wondering if I should really go for a women-specific bike, I am 5ft 9" but finding my 17.5 frame reach too far?

Anywhere local to Canterbury where I could 'try before I buy' would be ideal.

Can go up to 2.5K but would prefer to stay this side of 2K really.  Excited already  ;D

Thanks

Rachel
"DaisyDaring" Wrote:It is time to sell both my Specialized hardtail (& my v vintage Trek 3000) in favour of a new all singing all dancing full suspension XC/downhill bike.  Have been admiring Anna's Remedy 7 recently but open to all suggestions.  

Wondering if I should really go for a women-specific bike, I am 5ft 9" but finding my 17.5 frame reach too far?

Anywhere local to Canterbury where I could 'try before I buy' would be ideal.

Can go up to 2.5K but would prefer to stay this side of 2K really.  Excited already  ;D

Thanks

Rachel

Biketart would be good to try before you buy
"Deadpool2e" Wrote:Biketart would be good to try before you buy

Yeah - they built my friend an awesome bike last month.

Called in a few wks ago but felt a little out of my depth - did not know where to start so just had a look at all the shiny stuff & slinked out  Undecided

May pop in this Saturday - not far from my place.  Thanks
The guys down there are super helpful and love to have a bit of a chin wag so just go in and explain your monies etc and let them suggest. I was there on saturday and he was bigging up the new Saracen range for value for money if you can get over the name...
Bike Tart are happy to take your money initially but not that keen on keeping customers. If you want any kind of after sales service then I'd look elsewhere.
Well worth a look Mashley's Enduro. Depending how DH you mean? Inline post and a shorter stem maybe a good fit and save £££££££££££
I personally know Adam the owner and Will who works there. talk to one of them if you can and im sure they will help. i have never had any problems with them at all.

say Mark from Sketchy/Bling races or the Alps sent you and said they would help you.

However Ashs bike in the link above is a brilliant bike and cannot go far wrong for the money he wants.
"Deadpool2e" Wrote:I personally know Adam the owner and Will who works there. talk to one of them if you can and im sure they will help. i have never had any problems with them at all.

say Mark from Sketchy/Bling races or the Alps sent you and said they would help you.

However Ashs bike in the link above is a brilliant bike and cannot go far wrong for the money he wants.

sailor had a pretty good relationship with them and has probably spent in the region of 10k there, you'd think he'd get decent after sales service, he doesn't seem to either. So unless you're one of adam's good mates you're bang out of luck. Not to mention adam never seems to be there anymore which means you get stuck speaking to dumb or dumber.

I'd rather spend my money at CRC where I get better customer service. And that's saying something!
Thanks guys - really helpful.  

Does anyone know where I could ride a Remedy 7 or 8 with a medium frame to see if it suits?

Will check out Mashley's link - the pic is soooooooooo distracting tho Wink & pay another visit to Bike Tart for a chat... & what is CRC please?
If BikeTart stock something you like when it comes to actually buying try and deal with Adam, he is a really good guy and will try his best to give you the best possible deal, Im pretty sure you wont get a better one elsewhere on the same bike. Also you can rest assured that anything you do buy from BikeTart is good stuff as they dont stock crap.

For your size I personally wouldnt bother looking at women specific bikes, there are exceptions but they are mainly specced with lower budget components.
I would start with a 16' frame and work from there, frame sizes can be a bit hit and miss and unless you know the reach and stack dimensions that you like then its really a case of just sitting on a few. As a guide though a 16' frame with an effective top tube of around 580mm will be a good place to start, that will be long enough that you can still run a short stem without being cramped, but short enough to still be playful. Just check the manufacturers websites for dimensions of each size bike.