This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake shudder
On my new commuter i have noticed that i get brake shudder that i can feel through the frame and it makes a screeching noise and feeling like a vibration. when i pull a bit harder on the levers it goes, does anyone know a cure for this?? Smile Smile
Dont brake?  Tongue
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"treaclesponge" Wrote:Dont brake?  Tongue

i dont usually  Wink but does anyone have any real help.....
Sorry, couldnt resist. I actually have a very similar problem on my rear brake. Had put it down to shiny pads but presume yours are newish and bedded in.
yeah they should be bedded in, still have a lot of live left in them. i did put so copper slip on the back of the pads but is still does it??
Almost impossible to find the cause for this when I have had it.... found replacing the rotor can help
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Wonder if you need to re-centre the caliper Mark? If one side is contacting before the other it may produce high frequency vibration  Undecided
&quot;treaclesponge&quot; Wrote:Wonder if you need to re-centre the caliper Mark? If one side is contacting before the other it may produce high frequency vibration  Undecided

Will give it a try...

Are shimano rotors compatible with elixirs?
get a nail file and chamfer the leading edge of the pad, should do the trick. Also a dab of copper slip on the back of the pad where it contacts the piston.
[quote=&quot;]get a nail file and chamfer the leading edge of the pad, should do the trick. Also a dab of copper slip on the back of the pad where it contacts the piston.[/quote&quot;]

Ok will try also. I have put copper slip on already but suppose I could put a bit more on.