This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
job application help.
Copied and paste from my FB status.

Ashley wrote: "Andy, Renault In Canterbury are looking for Parts Trade Rep. Good knowledge of car parts and driving licence needed. Sound good for you? Bit of customer service bit of delivering parts to local garages? email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:recruitment@motorline.co.uk">recruitment@motorline.co.uk</a><!-- e --> I'm sure the sketchy collective will help you draft an email up that can be sent this evening!!"

My mind is blank from staring at the monitor all day looking for jobs, any advice would be greatly received Wink
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kentjobs.co.uk/SearchResults/parts-trade-representative-lja-4799521.aspx?jobId=LJA-4799521&list=SearchResultsJobsIds&index=3&querydesc=SearchJobQueryDescription&viewedfrom=1">http://www.kentjobs.co.uk/SearchResults ... ewedfrom=1</a><!-- m -->
take a good looks round that site whilst your on it too  Tongue
Its mainly about your CV really. Is that all tip top and sorted?

The covering email should, in my opinion, be short and the to point with perfect grammar and spelling  Wink

Something like this...

I would like to apply for the role of JOB as advertised WHEREVER ITS ADVERTISED. I have attached my CV in support of my application.

I am currently in employment but I am seeking a new challenge which I think the role of Parts Trade Representative will give me. I feel I possess all of the skills you require and much more. Please do not hesitate to contact me to arrange an interview or to discuss my application further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Of course I have been in my current role for a decade so wait for some other words of wisdom.

If you dont hear anything within a reasonable time, call and make sure they received your application. It shows you are keen.

EDIT corrected my shocking error!
&quot;Blackers&quot; Wrote:Its mainly about your CV really. Is that all tip top and sorted?

The covering email should, in my opinion, be short and the to point with perfect grammar and spelling  Wink

Something like this...

I would like to apply for the role of JOB as advertised WHEREVER ITS ADVERTISED. I have attached my CV in support of my application.

I am currently in employment but I am seeking a new challenge which I think the role of Parts Trade Representative will give me. I feel I possess all of the skills you require and much more. Please do hesitate to contact me to arrange an interview or to discuss my application further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Of course I have been in my current role for a decade so wait for some other words of wisdom.

If you dont hear anything within a reasonable time, call and make sure they received your application. It shows you are keen.

Just casting my expert eye over the CV Wink

I agree wholeheartedly on your email advice!
Make sure all your CV contact details are correct, you had telephone numbers missing when I last saw it
And before you attend the interview...which you will...research the company and think of questions to ask.

And practice a good firm handshake (a little less firm if its a woman) whilst maintaining eye contact throughout. Practice on Anna. Make her wimper a little for a man to man shake. Next time I see you I expect to receive a perfect example!  Smile
&quot;Avril19&quot; Wrote:I agree wholeheartedly on your email advice!

+1
I'd be drawn in by that well worded and to-the-point mail.
Get in there Mr Hugger ;D

I've got my fingers crossed for ya, already
Do you own a good suit which fits? Polished shoes? A good tie? If not buy/borrow because as I say, you are going to get an interview.  :K)
Remember Andy the interview is a two way thing, they are taking a risk employing you like you are going to them. If you have not got a suit (or don't feel comfortable in one) a good shirt,tie and v neck jumper combo can work, sounds a bit "American" but puts you in the smart casual arena.

Best of luck.