This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPD training
Just took Kelly up the rec so she could have a 1st time practice with clipping in , I slackened the tensioners completely and explained the basics . I got the video rolling expecting some hilarious footage. She got to grips with foot placement almost immediately and there where a couple of almost moments upon stopping . I suggested tightening them one turn but she said I've got it now tighten them right up to max  ??) :o  :Smile She did a few more laps of start/stop without any toppling over , so I thought she has got this nailed ....... I just stopped filming and put the phone back in my pocket when the silly mare got to cocky and tried to ride no handed , lost balance panicked and grabbed the right hand brake lever with her left hand....cue massive endo and then sideways flop landed with the bike still attached to her feet  Big Grin Big Grin if only I'd caught it on camera
"Wideload" Wrote:Just took Kelly up the rec so she could have a 1st time practice with clipping in , I slackened the tensioners completely and explained the basics . I got the video rolling expecting some hilarious footage. She got to grips with foot placement almost immediately and there where a couple of almost moments upon stopping . I suggested tightening them one turn but she said I've got it now tighten them right up to max  ??) :o  :Smile She did a few more laps of start/stop without any toppling over , so I thought she has got this nailed ....... I just stopped filming and put the phone back in my pocket when the silly mare got to cocky and tried to ride no handed , lost balance panicked and grabbed the right hand brake lever with her left hand queue massive endo and then sideways flop landed with the bike still attached to her feet  Big Grin Big Grin if only I'd caught it on camera

I hope you learnt your lesson!!

Never ever ever stop filming in this sort of situation!