This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calais to Wissant ride in May/June or July
Would anyone be interested in a ride from Calais to Wissant in the summer months?Have done this several times on a Sunday but would'nt mind doing it in the week or Saturday.It would involve an early ferry,say 7-30/8,leaving cars on Dover seafront for approx £8/10 parking.Ride onto ferry,usually first on,then 1.5 hour crossing,ride off other end,thru Calais then down to Wissant.Ferry crossing price about £8 or so both ways.Not the most technical ride but it has its moments,but some great views,see photos.Would need to be back in Calais around 16-30/17-00 for return ferry.Not an all day ride but will take up most of the day.Distance is about 30/35km but it can get very hot,its the only ride I've ever emptied my camelback.Have a snack or lunch in a cafe in Wissant at half way point.French speaking not required,nor onions draped over bike.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
I have done this before so count me in
That makes 3 who've done it before then,as I've done it with Andy/Treehugger
I'd be up for this, although I don't have sea legs and get queazy in the bath! - Count me in please
Interested party here as well Wink
Yeah I'll be there Smile I was sorry to miss it last year as its a very nice day out, and there is a few good bits along the way. I'll only be able to do a Friday during the week as will hopefully be working Mondays again soon, I have the weekends free though. I'm gonna whisper in Anna's ear tonight as this would be right up her street. Saturday's would be best for her.
I'm up for this....   as long as I can get a passport organised before then :B
The "Quarry" outside Calais,a familiar face riding..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
I'd be interested, but would either have to book it in way in advance or confirm much nearer the time.

Deadpoole2e must go too - he has the perfect shirt for riding in France.... Wink
"Tinc" Wrote:I'd be interested, but would either have to book it in way in advance or confirm much nearer the time.

Deadpoole2e must go too - he has the perfect shirt for riding in France.... Wink

Lol.