This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is 27lb light for a bike.
Just weighed the Scott Genius, comes in at 27lbs  (12,4kg)   .... without cranks, chain or derallieurs.

is that light ?  Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
That's about average to light I'd say. Anything under 30lbs fully built is good.
Bits you are missing will add 3.5lbs or there abouts.....still ok weight as most manufacture figures are wrong etc
Probably going to end up around the 14.0kg mark I reckon then. Light enough. That's what the Heckler weighs now. And it was fine pedally around blean last week. You'll notice poor rolling tyres more.... Heckler should be 14.5kg or 32lbs with the reverb back on and chain guide fitted! Happy with that!
I weighed myself several times, worked out my weight (66kg) and then stood on my scales holding my bike, did twice just to double check, then i worked out the the extra weight =  the bikes weight Smile
That works in theory but in my experience is always inaccurate and often under reads by a couple of pounds. This could have been my scales but either way when I finally got some proper luggage ones and found out the real weight of my bike I cried.....

As long as its light enough for you to ride it and have fun, the actual weight doesnt really matter
"Breezer" Wrote:That works in theory but in my experience is always inaccurate and often under reads by a couple of pounds. This could have been my scales but either way when I finally got some proper luggage ones and found out the real weight of my bike I cried.....

As long as its light enough for you to ride it and have fun, the actual weight doesnt really matter

^^^^ LAD  ;D   .... that made me laugh Smile
I find anything under 30lbs to be too light with the bike just feeling too skittish in the rough. 32lbs is a happy  compromise for me in that I don't pedal around much, but if I feel like it it's still fine for a long day in the Surrey hills.
I've never been to Surrey Hills, despite being a Surrey lad, born in Guildford and grew up in Farnham. Moved to Whitstable in 1999. I agree with you there, when bikes are too light they get chucked about a lot by rough terrain, i'm pretty happy with the scott
Go to surrey hills!  Smile

About time there was a mass sketchy ride soon? Probably the beginning of April maybe?