This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropper post .
Any recomendations .

Doesn't have to be remote, or should I be looking at one .

Any to stay clear of, or perhaps they are all too heavy and not worth their £200+

30.9mm if that is important.

Thanks
Tgr
Remote is worth it as is the added weight, get a KS i950 or a 2012 Reverb with full bleed kit (or a 2011 and accept it will need to go back for warranty work once then will be fine)
My 2011 has just gone back. Support seems excellent so no bother.

Don't know what actually went wrong but it appears to have spaffed loads of fluid out the top?
Think its one of the internal seals, they fit a different ones and fine from that point on. Seeing as how 104% of all 2011 ones die like this, it makes me wonder how much testing they did or perhaps it was just a faulty batch who knows, they fix them with minimal fuss which is the main thing
mine went back the other week and came back with 2012 top and shaft. great service from SRAM.
Best upgrade ever, been running one for about 3 years now.

The new Crank brother post is worth a look at.
"Deadpool2e" Wrote:mine went back the other week and came back with 2012 top and shaft. great service from SRAM.

Fingers crossed for mine then! Smile

As Buzz says too, awesome upgrade. I don't feel like I need one on my local trails in Kent much but places like surey hills etc it was worth its weight in gold.
Dont need it but the difference is tons. I had my fixed post in my xc bike for my last ride out and it was shocking how much slower I was down singletrack which wasnt even that steep just because I couldnt lower the post an inch or so. It felt lethal, couldnt move the bike round etc
At Bedgebury yesterday i didnt need to put it down once.

Saying that though, i wouldnt be without it
I've not had to pop the saddle up to riding height in over two months and have therefore taken mine off. Also, I can get my saddle even lower without it.