This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday 18th March - anyone about?
Hi

Looks like most people are out on Saturday, but as I cant make then, wondering if anyone fancies a ride round Blean or Kings Wood on Sunday at 1pm?

Thanks
Hey, M day, so have to spend the arvo at my sister's Sad
Well, I went for a ride round Kings Wood today on my own, managed to find a few of the routes I have been on with sketchy folk, but turned out to be quite eventful..

I managed to go over the handlbars on the fast downhill bit with a little jump made out of some branches.  Made it over the jump but when I landed front wheel dug in and over I went - face first into the ground, guess thats why downhill guys were a full face hemlet!  Think I was going to fast for my abilities!  Cut my face up pretty bad, couple of big cuts on my nose that required a trip to A&E and cant move my neck very well.   There were a couple of other riders about who helped me out at least.
Right pain as I was hoping to be out for a night ride this week, but think I will be out of action for a bit now :-(
"Ad_Fav" Wrote:Well, I went for a ride round Kings Wood today on my own, managed to find a few of the routes I have been on with sketchy folk, but turned out to be quite eventful..

I managed to go over the handlbars on the fast downhill bit with a little jump made out of some branches.  Made it over the jump but when I landed front wheel dug in and over I went - face first into the ground, guess thats why downhill guys were a full face hemlet!  Think I was going to fast for my abilities!  Cut my face up pretty bad, couple of big cuts on my nose that required a trip to A&E and cant move my neck very well.   There were a couple of other riders about who helped me out at least.
Right pain as I was hoping to be out for a night ride this week, but think I will be out of action for a bit now :-(

Sorry to hear that Adrian.  That's why it's good to ride with others, it's not just about company/having a laugh, but being safe.  Maybe a little practice on some smaller jumps first Wink  Hope you recover quickly.    
Yeah a painful lesson learnt!!
I'm sure Ill be out again soon anyway, prob not this week though!

Cheers
"Ad_Fav" Wrote:Yeah a painful lesson learnt!!
I'm sure Ill be out again soon anyway, prob not this week though!

Cheers

It's a horrible lesson Sad  So long as you get back on the bike though Wink
yeah definately will be, think the bike survived ok!
Sorry to hear about you going OTB should imagine it's pretty slippery up at Kingswood today after the rain. Lots of flint up there which makes it even worse.
"Ad_Fav" Wrote:yeah definately will be, think the bike survived ok!

Well, that's the most important thing!!
Bad luck Adrian, hope you heal up soon. As Anna said, I don't really like riding on my own for this very reason. Lucky there were other bikers around to help!