This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike in his own environment
I saw Mike busy at work today when i popped into my local well known opticians to book an appointment.  I'm pleased to say he was working so hard he didn't even notice i was there until i said hello.  Now that's dedication!  Either that or he tends to ignore customers...

There was no evidence of owls, owl related biscuits, ferrets, custard, Anne Robinson or Ghengis Khan.  I don't know where it all comes from!

By the way he looked very smart.
good to see you earlier Nick, very nice of you to say I looked smart too (some people will do anything for a free contact lens).

It has been busy all week due to half term. I HATE KIDS! AGH! Actually some of them are quite funny, not long ago a small child was in with his little baby sister, mum and grandmother. I was talking with the mum when the baby started to cry. The grandmother said she would feed her, and asked the mum if she had a bottle, the little boy announced loudly that they did not need a bottle "Because Mummy's got boobies". Fortunately she did indeed have boobies and a crisis was averted.
Keep it foolish...
Big Grin this reminds me ive got to drag my arse into spec savers some time :Smile im overdue an eye apointment by about 4 monts now Undecided

do we get special discounts if we come and see you mike  Tongue
"alkali" Wrote:good to see you earlier Nick, very nice of you to say I looked smart too (some people will do anything for a free contact lens).

It has been busy all week due to half term. I HATE KIDS! AGH! Actually some of them are quite funny, not long ago a small child was in with his little baby sister, mum and grandmother. I was talking with the mum when the baby started to cry. The grandmother said she would feed her, and asked the mum if she had a bottle, the little boy announced loudly that they did not need a bottle "Because Mummy's got boobies". Fortunately she did indeed have boobies and a crisis was averted.

I used to love that kids say the funniest things, until Michael Barrymore hosted a TV show by that very name that made me loathe them.  And him.
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote::

do we get special discounts if we come and see you mike  Tongue

I can discount specs but not contact lenses, depends slightly on what you order, but usually we can cover an anti-reflection coat. Saying that Young Steve, you are currently a student, under 19 and in full time education (well, when you aren't playing on your bike because the school is shut due to snow... Snowy My Arse, as Tintin was fond of saying) which means you can have a cracking discount, courtesy of the lovely NHS and a little promo we run for students. How does a £125 FCUK / Quiksilver frame and lenses for £40 sound to you? "What's that Snowy? There's a man with a beard after me? That's just the creepy pirate I hang out with, now pass me that owl based snack and avoid the breastfeeding mother"
Keep it foolish...
Arr, Captan Haddock here, I realised that the way I tyuped the offer above makes it sound rubbish, what I meant was;

nice designer frame, including lenses,  for £40.

There, that's better.
Keep it foolish...
Ive needed new glasses for ages. These ones are so scratched its ridiculous. When i finally get some new ones I will have one normal pair then get an ultra cheap pair which are bigger as well for using on the bike so it doesnt matter if they get mucked up a bit
I use contacts - best thing Ive ever done as it means I can wear any sunglasses or protective specs I like for biking.

I bought my last batch of contacts from Sweden.
i may have to pop in one time then Wink
2 for 1 offer matey. only pay for one set, 2nd pair up to same value free. pay for extras but frame and lenses covered. no need for cheap riding spex. Sadly tho we have no good wrap around sunnies, only some real heavy looking muthas.
Keep it foolish...