This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonty Racelite Wheelset
Does anyone know anything about the Bonty Racelite wheelset?  I may have the chance to pick up a cheap pair so am after opinions.  I've used one set and they seemed OK but i've no long term experience.  I'll need a couple of disk adapters so the pair will come in at about 1880g.  Does that seem a lot?  How much do the XT/DT builds some of you guys have weigh?  Or Hope/Mavic combos?  Any help appreciated!
They will be reliable and long lasting rather than exciting...

DT Swiss hubs and tough rims but not that light... where did you get your weights from...

I have run a set on the hardtail for years and they have not had any tlc and are still going.

How much...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
That's the impression i got.  Thought they might go well on the Trance as i can then run tubeless.  I need to check whether my current wheelset is that much heavier to make it worth the upgrade (317s on deore hubs).  The weight was from a website that were selling them for £250 but i can get a second hand set for about £100 plus whatever the 6 bolt adapters will cost me
&quot;pittgoat&quot; Wrote:That's the impression i got.  Thought they might go well on the Trance as i can then run tubeless.  I need to check whether my current wheelset is that much heavier to make it worth the upgrade (317s on deore hubs).  The weight was from a website that were selling them for £250 but i can get a second hand set for about £100 plus whatever the 6 bolt adapters will cost me

For £100 there worth having but like you say you need to know if you'll gain over your current wheelset... always worth having the opion of tubeless..
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Yep think i'll get the scales out tonight and see what's what.  I like the idea of tubeless and if there is a weight saving then so much the better.  Would still be interested to know what people's DT rim XT hub combos come out weighing so i know whether there are further significant weight savings to be had without spending the earth...
Nick - My DT4.1 Rims with XT hubs "should" be arriving within a day or so from Merlin - I'll pop them on the scales for you.

They're apparently dispatched, but its now in the hands of Parcel-Farce.

I just hope they are still round when they arrive!  Tongue
Hope Pro 11= Front 185g (QR) Rear 285g (QR)

Mavic XM719= 460g

Spokes= i dunno?

So they equal 1390g without spokes?
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:Nick - My DT4.1 Rims with XT hubs "should" be arriving within a day or so from Merlin - I'll pop them on the scales for you.

They're apparently dispatched, but its now in the hands of Parcel-Farce.

I just hope they are still round when they arrive!  Tongue

THEYRE HERE!!

So Ive weighed them straight out of the box without skewers in.....

REAR : 1048gr
FRONT : 847gr

Total : 1895g

Thats rim/hub/spokes only.  So you'd need to add skewer, rotor, tube and tyre for full official weight.
Brilliant - thanks guys!  Looks like they come in at similar weights then as the 719/pro 2 combo would probably be a little over 1800g (assuming 400 - 450g for spokes and nipples on both wheels).

I'll weigh my current wheelsets and if they're significantly heavier i might just go for it if he still has them.  These wheels should be tougher (the 317s have a few dings in them) and give me the tubeless option.
My current wheels are a hefty 2100g ish so i could save over 200g or half a pound over the wheelset, and also eventually go tubeless with further weight savings.  I haven't heard back from the guy yet but i'm very interested in these ones...