This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike Stuff At LIDL 26/2/09
Heads up for all those in need of new gear = ALAN! etc.....

LIDLs bike specials are back on on the 26/2

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090226.index.ar1">http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages ... .index.ar1</a><!-- m -->

I HIGHLY recommend the Mens cycling Jacket!

Dont be put off because its LIDL, both ALDI and LIDL do very respectable items - buy what you want, great to get started and then upgrade if you ever need to.

Im still riding in my LIDL full length winter bottoms, theyre 2yrs old now and still going strong.
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:Heads up for all those in need of new gear = ALAN! etc.....

LIDLs bike specials are back on on the 26/2

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090226.index.ar1">http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages ... .index.ar1</a><!-- m -->

I HIGHLY recommend the Mens cycling Jacket!

Dont be put off because its LIDL, both ALDI and LIDL do very respectable items - buy what you want, great to get started and then upgrade if you ever need to.

Im still riding in my LIDL full length winter bottoms, theyre 2yrs old now and still going strong.

Cheers for theads up, i keep on hearing about this. I need some stuff for my commute.
I serious about the jacket - its great - Its all reasonable gear for those starting out and need everything (to get them by) at once.

Shame they dont have the winter gear in though for this time of year? - Winter Gloves and bottoms spring to mind!!
Thanks matey - might go and chack it out as i could do with a spare bottle and a trip computer for the XTC.  Will no doubt spend more than i mean to but i can vouch for the Aldi gear as i'm still wearing mine!  Its comfy and i don't care if it gets trashed as it was cheap as chips
Nice one. Cheers for the heads up  Smile Doesn't bother me who makes it, sells it, what it looks like etc..its clothing end of the day, I am sure most people would be more interested in looking at the bike rather than the rider anyway  Wink
If we where on the "other" forum you get a lot of snoots who only buy £80 jerseys and £100 shorts.......

To be honest Ive NEVER met anyone like that, most MTB'ers wear what's comfy and if you're getting caked in sh*te every week - why own something really expensive?

I started with Aldi/Lidl gear and upgraded/changed when I knew what I wanted.  I have 2 pairs of shorts now, most expensive I own cost £40 with padded liner - that was in a sale! I wear them on EVERY ride though.

I refuse to buy into the majorly overpriced MTB specific clothing market - but if you use something weekly and know you will use it, then its worth spending a little extra.

Get yourself down there - the saddlebag is very handy if you dont want to lug everything in a rucksack (comes with some mini tools too)
I just wear some random baggy style shorts on the bike, not bike specific ones. I only wear lycra underneath if riding for more than a couple of hours. I only wear a base layer and my wind/water proof Altura jacket which was £50 but well worth it. It was a bit nippy on the start at Gorrick last sunday though with just the base layer and shorts for the race itself when never one else was in full length jerseys etc, I could do with a long sleeved base layer, no more as im such a hot person although not in the to women sense! My feet also, if I submerge my foot in a puddle I dont feel the cold after a few minutes and they are nice and toasty again! This does have some downsides ie the unbelieveable smell coming from my work shoes atm
Ive got a Canterbury Rugby LS baselyer from Ebay (new) for £11 - Best £11 Ive ever spent IMHO - They really work these baselayers! - Oh and a Buff!
The best £5 I ever spent was on an 3 speed folding shopping style bike that was being thrown out at a bike shop (should have got it free!). It was hilarious. So much frame flex it was like having 5" travel front and rear and I was so much quicker over bumpy fields than the rigid Breezer back then. My friend got a similar style one but single speed for £3 heh. We used to thrash them round woods and the common ground. His had a back pedal rear brake so could lock it up all over the place. As they were worth nothing we would ride them on the beach etc. Have you ever tried riding into the sea? Its amazingly hard, especially when you get so far in that the whole bike is under the water lol, then of course you fall off and cant find the bike

ah good times
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:The best £5 I ever spent was on an 3 speed folding shopping style bike that was being thrown out at a bike shop (should have got it free!). It was hilarious. So much frame flex it was like having 5" travel front and rear and I was so much quicker over bumpy fields than the rigid Breezer back then. My friend got a similar style one but single speed for £3 heh. We used to thrash them round woods and the common ground. His had a back pedal rear brake so could lock it up all over the place. As they were worth nothing we would ride them on the beach etc. Have you ever tried riding into the sea? Its amazingly hard, especially when you get so far in that the whole bike is under the water lol, then of course you fall off and cant find the bike

ah good times

Big Grin sounds like a bargain , you still got them ?