This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from...
Dorset, or should that be Devon! Just spent 6 hours at the DH trail centre at Haldon Forest. Was having so much fun we stayed until it was literally pitch black. We didn't have lights... 6 hours of the most intense riding ever, my legs are like jelly!

Having fun down here, thought i would say hello, been riding pretty much everyday so fitness is back up from the level it was after the plague. Super stoked as one of the trails that Mary bailed on last year she managed to do faster than me by one second and i was cooking... Got loads of shots so will put some up at some time, but if any of you ever get to Devon be sure to check this place out, i reckon it is just about the most fun you can have on a bike...

resim

See some of you Wednesday eve no doubt...
Sounds great Rou - looking forward to hearing about it on Wed!
I've been to Haldon and it was a 7 ilometer xc trail with a freeride section that had some pretty big stuff on it... has it grown, it'd be good if it has as i drive past it on a regular basis so will start popping in..
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Is that you in the picture Rou? That place looks good fun Smile
Yeah thats me getting an inch of air. Wink Haldon is pretty big, the best bits are the Freer Ride red routes, graded severe there are a couple of super tech sections but mostly it is just fast and flowing. At the bottom of the hill next to the free ride park is a short run which is just amazing. Starts with a rocky drop then drops down again to a techy rock garden, slight uphill and you are in to about 20 berms that swoop down the rest of the hill. Halfway there is a rooty muddy drop but it is awesome fun. The whole little section just flows so well and you can really go as fast as you physically can and scare yourself senseless. Plus the walk back to the top is only about 5 minutes and you can do it all again.

Out of all the riding i did last week Haldon was definitely the best. Found some good routes around Studland Heath, but it is super sandy so i was feeling for my drivetrain the whole time! Will put some more pics up later, got a few crackers.
&quot;Legless&quot; Wrote:Yeah thats me getting an inch of air. Wink Haldon is pretty big, the best bits are the Freer Ride red routes, graded severe there are a couple of super tech sections but mostly it is just fast and flowing. At the bottom of the hill next to the free ride park is a short run which is just amazing. Starts with a rocky drop then drops down again to a techy rock garden, slight uphill and you are in to about 20 berms that swoop down the rest of the hill. Halfway there is a rooty muddy drop but it is awesome fun. The whole little section just flows so well and you can really go as fast as you physically can and scare yourself senseless. Plus the walk back to the top is only about 5 minutes and you can do it all again.

Out of all the riding i did last week Haldon was definitely the best. Found some good routes around Studland Heath, but it is super sandy so i was feeling for my drivetrain the whole time! Will put some more pics up later, got a few crackers.

I know the bit you mean by the freeride section... i notice you say the walk back to the top....  shame on you

Studland Heath is ok but did you get up onto the Purbecks...  the drop off Kimmeridge Ridge into Colfe Castle is great for breaking your arm...  such fond memories

So where are you now...
I'm back now will be at Blean on Wednesday. Yeah we did a few of the rides over the Purbecks, some good hills there and some beastly climbs with good descents.

No shame, that hill at the bottom is killer, i only walked that one with Mary as i actually found it quite nice and social to stroll up it, plus by the time you got to the top you could jump on and come down again. Everyone riding up seemed to crash on the floor and die for 15 minutes and were still there wheezing when i returned back to the top for the second run!

Rode up all the others about 6 times during the course of the day though so i did make up for it!
&quot;Legless&quot; Wrote:I'm back now will be at Blean on Wednesday. Yeah we did a few of the rides over the Purbecks, some good hills there and some beastly climbs with good descents.

No shame, that hill at the bottom is killer, i only walked that one with Mary as i actually found it quite nice and social to stroll up it, plus by the time you got to the top you could jump on and come down again. Everyone riding up seemed to crash on the floor and die for 15 minutes and were still there wheezing when i returned back to the top for the second run!

Rode up all the others about 6 times during the course of the day though so i did make up for it!

Did you ride up to the top of Old Harry Rocks, i love that spot... and i do enjoy a pint at the pub with the stone tables, Worth Man Traverse or somewhere like that...

I'll be popping into Haldon at the weekend on my way to Cornwall...   all going well
Did Old Harry Rocks last time we were down, this time we went to some others but further along. I am terrible with names. Some really good riding down there, i put some pics up in the bike pics part of the forum. Haldon was riding really well even though it had rained the day before, was only a few muddy spots so well worth popping in. It was easily in the best condition of all the rides we did!

Enjoy!