This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avid juicy 7s
What do you guys think is a good price for a set of 2008 Juicy 7 brakes?  180 / 203 mm rotors, used with some scuffing but in pretty good condition with good pads.

Why oh why am i spending so much money at the moment??  I can't help it, i really am trying to stop myself!!
As a guide, I bought a set of ex display Carbon ones boxed with all the bits + rotors for £150.

I guess between £100 and that figure would be good????
He's asking for £100, or £115 with the 'danger boy' lever upgrades which i'll probably leave.  Seems a good price
Does it include Bleed kit? - Thats essential.

£100 would be OK I guess... why not?
Are you dangerous enough then?  Tongue
Will the trance take a 180mm rotor on the rear?

No idea on price, £100 sounds about right though.
"Breezer" Wrote:Are you dangerous enough then?  Tongue

Surely Danger and Brakes should not be used in the same sentance? - Kind of implies failure!

Im sure the stock levers are just fine - my Carbon ones are simply bling, and women stop me everywhere I go to talk to me about them.  8)
The Hopes I got off ebay for my Inbred came with a 180mm rear which has bolted on fine but frankly looks a bit silly. Its also going to be overkill as I can lock the 160mm up on the back of the Turner with 1 finger and the Juicy 7's will be just as powerful but theres bound to  be someone on singletrack or wherever that would do a straight swap 180 for 160 if you did want/need a smaller rear one
"Buzz" Wrote:Will the trance take a 180mm rotor on the rear?

No idea on price, £100 sounds about right though.

180 Rear would be overkill I expect - skiiiiiiid.
Rotor size isn't an issue as i have a spare 160mm rotor so would probably run 185/160 anyway for the cost of an extra bracket.  The best i've seen on eBay is £110 posted so i might go for it.  If he's local i'll see if he'll knock off a few quid on collection but that's not too likely i guess.

I already have Juicy 3s on the Trance which will go back on the XTC to replace the absolutely shot brakes on there at the moment.