This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anodizing?
Anyone know what it would cost to get my frame re-anodized? As i love it so much it would be nice to get it looking brand new again and go mad with the copter tape to protect it. It's not something i am defimitly planning on doing, just something that popped into my head Smile
I've heard it spoken about on bikeradar so maybe a search there would help.  But you'll lose the decals and IMHO its money worth spending on something else seeing as any scratches are purely cosmetic.  You need a new seatpost - why not splash out on that instead?  Or maybe a second t-shirt to avoid any repeats of the infamous "t-shirtus mingingus" debacle Wink
Well i said it was just something that popped into my head, i don't even know if you can buy the decals.

Got seat post sorted- Have ordered a shim that will allow me to use my old post (which i only got about a month ago)

I'm never buying bike specific shirts again, considering the state of the £35 Dakine one i got in Afan last year!

Oh and i have just ordered a new rear mech, so as soon as i get it fitted i'll drop your's round to you.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Well i said it was just something that popped into my head, i don't even know if you can buy the decals.

Got seat post sorted- Have ordered a shim that will allow me to use my old post (which i only got about a month ago)

I'm never buying bike specific shirts again, considering the state of the £35 Dakine one i got in Afan last year!

Oh and i have just ordered a new rear mech, so as soon as i get it fitted i'll drop your's round to you.

Get it powder coated a cool colour, you can get new decals for pretty much everybike.
"Buzz" Wrote:Get it powder coated a cool colour, you can get new decals for pretty much everybike.
Powder coating adds quite a bit of weight and is quite thick i think. I can't really afford to add any more weight, it's heavy enough already. I'll have a look around at both options. Like i said i was just thinking aloud, but the more i think about it.......   I need to buy lots of other bits for the Inbred first so it'll be much later in the year if i do decide to do it. I can't see me getting rid of this one for a couple of years at least, so it would be nice to get it looking new again and protect it. The copter tape seems to work really well on yours and mark's frames.
Your frame has a nice matt finish at the moment which would turn all glossy and shiny with copter tape Sad
To re anodize your frame first you have to strip all the old anodizing off polish the frame and then re anodize it. Plus it fades in sunlight. i would go for powder coating its not that heavy, my cove is powder coated.
"pittgoat" Wrote:Your frame has a nice matt finish at the moment which would turn all glossy and shiny with copter tape Sad
That is true.   You had another long night/morning i see Wink
"Treehugger" Wrote:That is true.   You had another long night/morning i see Wink

:B

Yep...
There aren't that many places that do it, and it was really expensive when I looked into it (unless you are getting large volumes done)
I wanted some VW camper engine parts done (a pair of inlet manifolds) and the only place I could find was in South London and they wanted over £100 to do them.
I'd be surprised if more places had opened up now, most of the small electroplaters (chrome and zinc plating around here) are closing due to H&S regulations