This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weight
im not joking  Big Grin

when i first started riding with you guys weight wasn’t a big deal for me but now I’m ridding bigger things and longer distance i have there’s a lot of up along with going down.

so waht i want to know is how cani make my orange alpine lighter ???

i have some ideas such as an x0 drive train and also a set of fox fork, but what else can i do what am i missing.

resim
Could sell it? Money is lighter than filing cabinets metal
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Rockshox are generally lighter than Fox I believe
Sell the adjustable seat post, use a nice light weight hope one. Lighter bike and pounds in your pocket.  Wink
Dropper posts easily worth the 1/2lb extra. Tyres and wheels normally the best places to lose weight.
Get a new bike. They dont build them things to be light.
keep it and get stronger, Mark rode his alpine all over Wales last weekend and didn't seem to struggle. But wheels and tyres will make a difference before anything else.
Keep it foolish...
"alkali" Wrote:keep it and get stronger, Mark rode his alpine all over Wales last weekend and didn't seem to struggle. But wheels and tyres will make a difference before anything else.

Much respect to Mark for cranking that bike with a totally unsuitable single front ring round. No idea how he does it.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
hmm very valid points, ity may have to be the stonger route, but i shall also look at wheels and tyers.
Sod single rings...... Granny ring for the win.

Mate just ride it and get stronger, as said I rode it at wales all week and did all the big rides, do you want a bike where you may have to say at some point I cannot do that jump/drop because of my bike?? I don't..

Also I do break bikes a lot so mine's built for strength.