This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avid Elixir CR or Hope Tech V2
Anyone use the CR's and know the differences with V2's?
Looking at different options on front and rear brake upgrade
V2's weigh a ton by comparison
what about braking quality and maintenance?
"HighFlyingRoller" Wrote:what about braking quality and maintenance?

the elixirs of old were high maintenance, the new ones are supposed to be better. Hopes in my experience have been trouble free although I havent owned V2's, they are also easy to work on.

Jimmy recently got some V2's im sure he will pass on his thoughts when he reads this.
I have CR mags on 1 bike & CR's on another, not had issues with either, though heard about others having some.
Be careful with CRs they are very good. When mine were new I went over the bars on a wet road when I braked hard for a car!!!  :'(  Big Grin

(yes I know this was due to incorrect braking technique but I had engaged "panic mode")
really appreciate the feedback thanks guys, ended up ordering V2's so need someone to buy the X2's. if you hear of anyone looking let them know for me please Smile
Replaced my elixir crs with V2s. The v2s are have more power than any other brake I've ever tried. XTR and Saint included. They are the nuts, albeit a tad heavier.