This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all van owners
Thinking of buying a Berlingo or a Dispatch, edging more towards the Berlingo on the size issue.
Any other recomendations with regards to fitting bikes into the back, transit size is too big as the misses need to drive it too...
"SMG13" Wrote:Thinking of buying a Berlingo or a Dispatch, edging more towards the Berlingo on the size issue.
Any other recomendations with regards to fitting bikes into the back, transit size is too big as the misses need to drive it too...

I drive an 07 Dispatch at work and think they are great van's. Both the 1.6td and 2.0td are strong engines, the 1.6 is good around town and country roads but a bit buzzy over 70mph, the 2.0 is great, pulls like a train and a lot quieter on the motorway. Timmy had 7 bikes in the back of his older Dispatch in Wales, and the newer ones are bigger. I've had my DH bike in the back of mine bungyed to the side of the side with both wheels on.
Berlingo's are good too but obviously a lot smaller, about half the size of the dispatch and to fit more than 2 bikes in you would have to take some wheels off, which IMO defeats the point of having a van in the first place.
Cool thanks for that, your the second person who's said exactly the same about the engine size and the 1.6 being a bit buzzy so i think I'll look at the 2.0 ltr, thats what I'm looking for is the need not to remove wheels and able to put more than one bike in..
"SMG13" Wrote:Cool thanks for that, your the second person who's said exactly the same about the engine size and the 1.6 being a bit buzzy so i think I'll look at the 2.0 ltr, thats what I'm looking for is the need not to remove wheels and able to put more than one bike in..

The Dispatch handles good too, its actually good fun to drive on twisty country roads.
"Treehugger" Wrote:The Dispatch handles good too, its actually good fun to drive on twisty country roads.

Even better!!!
You ain't a Citreon salesman are you cos your selling it well  Big Grin
"SMG13" Wrote:Even better!!!
You ain't a Citreon salesman are you cos your selling it well  Big Grin

No, but been driving them for 10 years so know them well!
i got a berlingo its the 1600. i get 54 mpg in the summer 50 in winter, fits bikes with ample room. the 3 seats are not really 3 seats, unless you have 2 skinny passengers.
Friend of mine bought the Berlingo just to carry bikes. he used to get 3 bikes and 3 people in with relative ease.
Cheers for the responses, now depends on test drives
I'm shocked now one has mentioned the vw caddy! These are really nice vans good on juice and very reliable I would say they are mechanically more reliable then French motors and if regular services and looked after the motor will do over 200k miles! Oh and they hold there value better to if you plan on selling after a few years.
Check out the caddy sportline to there lovely and do a maxi version to! The caddy has been goin since the early 80's to...
V dub all the way dude!
http://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/press-r...ne-models/