This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Guy
Hey all, just thought I'd introduce myself. Names Stew from Dartford, I'm 23 and I've just recently taken up Mountain Biking and have gotten quite bored of riding alone. Noticed you all seem to be Ashford based, which isn't a million miles away from me. Have to say I thought jumping back on a push bike after years on Motorbikes would be fairly straight forward! I've been a bit wobbly to say the least..
Welcome Smudger

Lordswood is half the distance between Dartford & Ashford  ;D

Pretty sure the regular BBH ride will be moving to a Tuesday eve judging by the response last night
Yes Blue Bell Hill close to you also the rides at Oldbury
Welcome mate, Im in Swanley so not a milion miles away. Joydens Wood off Birchwood Road is good for an evening spin and Oldbury as Breezer mentioned is a great place for a fairly local ride.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Welcome to the forum. Despite first impressions, you are in fact in the correct end of Kent for good riding  Wink

Bluebell Hill is brillant at the moment as is Oldbury and Mereworth. All need a guide though so look out for rides in the rides section. Dont worry if you think you arent fast enough. We stop all the time and talk for too much,
"treaclesponge" Wrote:Welcome mate, Im in Swanley so not a milion miles away. Joydens Wood off Birchwood Road is good for an evening spin and Oldbury as Breezer mentioned is a great place for a fairly local ride.

I have been told a few times that Joydens wood is good for a evenings ride about. Best to enter from the Birchwood side?
I normally head in via the entrance off Summerhouse Drive from the Birchwood Road end. If you follow the main path in from there you get to a kind of 'ring road' path that has various tracks and so on leading off it. Plenty of dogs up there in the evenings usually so have to be a bit careful of bombing around!

Oh and its a complete maze and I regularily get lost!
May have to check it out then, and yes I've heard people often get lost Tongue How do you guys transport your bikes about? I take it most of you have bike racks?
For Joydens, I just ride there, its two miles door to door so with a 6 mile loop in the woods I get a nice even 10. For further afield there are various options, roof rack, tow bar rack, boot and some with vans. Lately Ive been using the boot as its cheaper than waving bikes around on the roof and more secure. However a lot more inconvenient when Breezer takes you through what could only be an open sewer 100yds from the cars...  ??)
LOL you were the one who wanted to take the most direct route back so don't blame me!