This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Wedding Photography
Hello All,

Im looking at starting to build a Wedding Photography portfolio over the next year or so and following from that i would like to start a small business in my spare time at weekends etc. My plan is to find a few weddings where people either cant afford a photographer or have one but would like a second.

I would happily photograph the whole day completely free of charge and would provide a DVD containing all the edited images, the only condition being that i can use the photos on a website in the future in the same way that most photographers do.

I am committed to making this work as a second income/interest and would take any invitation seriously, not only to obtain a good selection of photos but to also build a good reputation.

I know that some wedding photographers charge a fortune so the bride and groom only receive a small number of images which they can they only get printed via the photographer, this oppurtunity would be a cheap way of capturing more memories during the day.

So if anyone does know of anyone that is getting married in the Kent area and maybe interested please PM me to discuss, i would happily show some pictures that i have taken and meet with the couple at the venue in advance. Im looking to doing around 4 weddings.

Thanks

Si
Strikes me as a hellish job. Are you sure?

Edited as that all came out wrong and I clearly didn't read your post properly!

Having just got married I think there is a market for a photographer doing things differently. We paid top whack and got all our shots on a high res DVD. It seems if you pay less you may not get your photos and the photographer sells them online and retains the rights.
"Blackers" Wrote:Strikes me as a hellish job. Are you sure?

Edited as that all came out wrong and I clearly didn't read your post properly!

Having just got married I think there is a market for a photographer doing things differently. We paid top whack and got all our shots on a high res DVD. It seems if you pay less you may not get your photos and the photographer sells them online and retains the rights.

Its only a secondary income though i do think its one i will enjoy. I have no intention of producing albums for people, ideally after i have built up a portfolio i would like to charge around £400 for a days photography with a DVD containing all images etc. If they want any fancy edits on the pics then i would charge per picture. I do think wedding photographers charge a fortune especially when you dont get all the images at the end of it.
We paid a fortune and got to keep all of ours in high res. And they are fantastic too, but we knew they would be and paid accordingly.
"Blackers" Wrote:We paid a fortune and got to keep all of ours in high res. And they are fantastic too, but we knew they would be and paid accordingly.

Bet you could have bought some proper wheels instead  Tongue
Don't forget to get insurance. A pal of mine started doing the same sort of thing, he took some pics at a wedding the couple then tried to sue him as the pics weren't what they expected.  That said, its a brilliant idea and a really good way to get a portfolio together.
"jellylegs" Wrote:Don't forget to get insurance. A pal of mine started doing the same sort of thing, he took some pics at a wedding the couple then tried to sue him as the pics weren't what they expected.  That said, its a brilliant idea and a really good way to get a portfolio together.

Im planning on drafting a contract of sorts that prevents this and they will be told before hand that im not a professional which is why its free. If all that fails i have legal cover  Tongue
Hi Si , you have a PM  Wink
Will ask around at work as there are a few weddings this year.  
"Adie.J" Wrote:Will ask around at work as there are a few weddings this year.  

Cheers matey