This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
has anyone been to cyclopark yet
Was just wondering did anyone go to cyclopark yet , went up to the opening and it looks awesome up there but had the kids with me so didn't bring my bike there .. any reviews yet ..
I've been keeping an eye on this too.. Found a youtube video finally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKqlKZdlt0U
Mate of mine from work went up, said it was ok but not very flowy. The black sections are quite trialsy apparently as you cant carry much in the way of speed. I will head up there after the excitement has died down. If its bearable its a good alternative to Bedgebury for locality and potentially in the winter it will be less muddy. (fingers crossed)
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Looks flat but then I guess it is, Fowlmead is as well though. Once its bed in a bit it should be good for training and racing (are they going to do that there?) and will be quite brutal with all the pedalling but some bits should pump nicely. No doubt most people will say its not like a Welsh trail centre but so what, its an old flat bit of land which now has some use for cycling so that can only be a good thing.
I can't see their "Pay to Pedal" pricing strategy working to well for the MTB or Road Race courses , yes for the skate park and bmx as there is no other facilities in the area but surely people aren't going to pay to ride there when there are so many natural trails / country lanes in the surrounding area  Undecided Undecided Undecided

individual £3.50/2hr @ peak time or family ticket 2 adults/ 3 kids £12/2hr  and then parking charges on top  ??) ??)
That does seem quite excessive when I believe the similar Fowlmead is free to ride and just a pound or two for the car park.
looks like it needs some time to bed down , will make some good riding in the winter .
"Wideload" Wrote:I can't see their "Pay to Pedal" pricing strategy working to well for the MTB or Road Race courses , yes for the skate park and bmx as there is no other facilities in the area but surely people aren't going to pay to ride there when there are so many natural trails / country lanes in the surrounding area  Undecided Undecided Undecided

individual £3.50/2hr @ peak time or family ticket 2 adults/ 3 kids £12/2hr  and then parking charges on top  ??) ??)

A lot of people will be glad to get somewhere to ride on their roadies though as the roads are getting more dangerous, definitely agree about the mtb guys though
its been open for road circuit races and also trainings sessions on road circuit for at least 6 or 7 months

bmx track on news looked good

more bikes on road increases awareness and should makes things safer overall as % of journeys etc

away from towns you get a lot less hassle at faster speeds on a road bike than when you ride a MTB on road bits to/from woods or when linking up stuff
I've been round it a few times.  Can't race on it and the rocky bits are very sketchy and rocky.  I can see a few accidents happening  there as Joe public tries to smash it on their apollo.