This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin 305/ 500
My Garmin 305 is starting to show its age as the case/ rubber buttons on the side are badly worn and this may be why the screen seems to be misting up inside when it is used in the rain and also the battery runs time is getting down and also the is a line down the lcd screen .
  I see you can still get some 305 new or do I go for the 500 which from what I read is said to be better than e 305 and I wondered if any one has upgraded to the 500 and how has it worked. k
Don't know much about the 305, but the 500 is great for logging the ride along with hr and cadence. I can't get it to do turn by turn navigating,but to be fair did not buy it for that. The 500 is easy to use.I have use also of an 800 and think it is not worth the extra. Gaily hopeless for navigating off road.even if you create a gps file and upload it to the 500, it does not have an integral compass so is useless for telling you which bridelway to take,when there is decision to be made.often get out an iPhone to tell me which was is north !
So,if you need to log rides with hr and cadence and want to upload to strata etc then 500 is great. No need for hr or cadence,then the 200 would work.
There's a guy on here called Highflyingroller he's a whizz with this type of thing might be able to put new life into it for you ie battery change PM him see what he can do
He fixed my road angle speed camera detector for a good price comes recommended !!!!