This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just finished making this
now just got to (learn) play it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
left handed? Very nice mate
Keep it foolish...
Is it a frankenguitar? wadda ya build it from?
started with a stratocaster body of ebay cut it up, and liked the shape so bought a right handed neck from a rocket to get the upside down look, wilkinson tremolo the rest is basic strat stuff
do you play (even a little bit) or are you learning from scratch?

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ultimate-guitar.com">www.ultimate-guitar.com</a><!-- w --> is handy for getting to grips with new songs
Keep it foolish...
Ive got a bit of a guitar collection myself...

PRS Custom 22 (Birds)
G&L ASAT S400
Martin 000-15SM
Gibson Hummingbird

Used to play all the time, now just dip in and out as the mood suits. Wouldnt want to be without a guitar although these days the electrics just gather dust and I always go for the acoustic.

If you want to learn new stuff then this is worth the money <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.songsterr.com/">http://www.songsterr.com/</a><!-- m -->. You can access it all for free but the extras that cost the cash are worth it.
[quote author=]Ive got a bit of a guitar collection myself...

PRS Custom 22 (Birds)
G&L ASAT S400
Martin 000-15SM
Gibson Hummingbird

Used to play all the time, now just dip in and out as the mood suits. Wouldnt want to be without a guitar although these days the electrics just gather dust and I always go for the acoustic.[/quote]

Lots of re-tuning ?  Wink
&quot;Blackers&quot; Wrote:Lots of re-tuning ?  Wink

A little! Not that much to mess with on the acoustic, although as you can imagine I have spent time filing down the saddle and getting the perfect neck relief.  Smile

I play a few songs that have altered/open tunings to sometimes there is a bit of faffing.
I remember when you posted something actually. Seem to recall it was good.

Leadbasher. How did you go about making it? Not by way of those weekly magazines that come with a new part to add I presume!
&quot;Blackers&quot; Wrote:I remember when you posted something actually. Seem to recall it was good.

Leadbasher. How did you go about making it? Not by way of those weekly magazines that come with a new part to add I presume!

I like the jaguar/ mustang shaped guitars but left handed ones are are rare and expensive so decided to make my own as cheap as possible. Bought a second hand strat body off eBay. Then down loaded jaguar plans printed them out full size. Used the plans to reshape it. Bought an oversized neck and reshaped the pocket to fit it. As the body was already routed for  strat parts I've reshaped a strat pick guard and used a strat configuration electrics which may change. Also it's got sixteen layers of paint and primer and eight of laquer. The hard ware is from axetec. I like it as it is but think it will change later

A good web site is justinguitar