This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information regarding venue stickys.
I have created a batch of various riding venues and events. These threads will be added to as and when other information crops up across the forum, the information from the other posts will be merged or copied into the relevant threads.

So the threads themselves may not make much sense as it could be a thread made out of many different post and indivdual threads.
Good idea if they will be what I think they will be....

Will each thread be like a FAQ for each venue ride? - ie, meeting places, routes, hints/tips etc?

This being "Sketchy" every thread on here goes OT very quickly  Wink, so perhaps it should be MODS only posting in there?

or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Well my plan is that when a good bit of information is in a thread somewhere, ill wait till that thread is old and then merge that thread into the correct venue section and delete all the OT chit chat. Any OT chit chat that goes into these stickys will be deleted. It wont be as such a FAQ but just a thread with lots of random information in, that way the user can browse through and maybe find what they are looking for

What you think? Any suggestion?
I've made it so that only mods can post in the venues section now.   That's should keep the FAQ's as just that. Wink
"Administrator" Wrote:I've made it so that only mods can post in the venues section now.   That's should keep the FAQ's as just that. Wink

In the sticky venue topics or general chit chat? I think we should still have people able to post reviews, like the chicksands one faceplant wrote is now a sticky.

[administrator]Fair point.  All can post again.  Good luck moderating Buzz ;-)[/administrator]
Venue/Ride information should just be that - facts about the ride, maybe some JPEG maps/routes posted etc.

Anything else is just opinion, of which is done via forum members in the associated thread for general discussion relating to that venue.

EG:

BBH:

Have googlemaps link, several GPX route files, information, pictures?

Someone always asks "Wheres the Viewpoint" or "Wheres the steps" or "Wheres the garage" so we can build on the "FAQS" for each venue with time.

The sticky should have relevant information to help someone decide whether to ride there.  They can click the link to the discussion about the venue.
Similar style to the SDW review? how do you rate that? be honest!
"Buzz" Wrote:Similar style to the SDW review? how do you rate that? be honest!
I think it's a good review, certainly makes me want to do it again Wink
Makes me want to ride bits of it as well