This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
commencal?
i was looking at a new AM bike and came accross the Commencal Meta SX, i looked at some reviews and alot of people seem to big them up. i think its a good looking bike and looks like its worth its money but has anyone here had the pleasure to ride one or does anyone have an opinion on them?
"Harry_C" Wrote:i was looking at a new AM bike and came accross the Commencal Meta SX, i looked at some reviews and alot of people seem to big them up. i think its a good looking bike and looks like its worth its money but has anyone here had the pleasure to ride one or does anyone have an opinion on them?

That was a mistake, every man and his dog will have an opinion despite not having any actual evidence or proof to back up their claim.
[quote author=]

That was a mistake, every man and his dog will have an opinion despite not having any actual evidence or proof to back up their claim.[/quote]

Thus making it opinion, not fact.  Wink
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Harry a couple of the guys here had Meta bikes and I'm sure they'll share their experiences. Some broke theirs too  Wink
I broke mine (Meta 6) but from 2010 they moved factory and quality improved. Havent tried or even seen one in the flesh but the geometry looks good, no idea on weight. Their old 'contact' suspension system was in my opinion one of, and quite possibly the best, I have ever ridden with an air shock. The new system if it is anything like the old one should be great.
There cracking issues are long gone, I had a meta 5 and a 6. Mark and myself were just chatting just now in the pub at how good they were. I would love a meta AM, I was going to get one this summer but I'm more than happy with my covert.
To be honest if I had the money and I could persuade the missus it was a good idea, I would get the Commencal!!

Either that or the Nukeproof Mega AM comp.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
You have to grow old, you don't have to grow up :lol:
[quote="]I broke mine (Meta 6) but from 2010 they moved factory and quality improved. Havent tried or even seen one in the flesh but the geometry looks good, no idea on weight. Their old 'contact' suspension system was in my opinion one of, and quite possibly the best, I have ever ridden with an air shock. The new system if it is anything like the old one should be great.[/quote"]

I did hear that the latest models are a massive improvement on the old ones. To be completely honest i hadn't even heard of commencal until last year  :Smile I want to look at doing a 'try before you buy' and I had a brief look on Leisurelakes and Biketart but they didnt seem to stock them? im sure i will find somewhere though.
you will struggle to find somewhere with them in stock around here. Probably have to go a long way north!
Bike active will be the closest i reckon.