This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you tough enough XC enduro
http://armycyclingunion.co.uk/?page_id=26

15th July

2, 4 and 6hr solo or 6hr pairs, entry prices quite reasonable as well, infact probably the cheapest out there. I might try the 2hr subject to working body, think generalsparks and dgw15 (in 40+ class snigger) are interested in it, treaclesponge wont be as he will be off buying new bikes/computers on the day

This one uses the method of time limit +lap you are on ie do the 2hr, finish a lap at 1:59 and you can go and do another and it counts so the 2hr race probably more like 2.5 give or take, hmm maybe I will do 1hr fun or just watch Big Grin

Brighton for example has a fixed time limit so in the above example the end lap wouldnt count, only those you complete before the time limit
soudsn good, but i think my alpine will lend me to a huge disdvantage until i start going down hill.
My 2nd best xc race result was on a 33lb Cube Fritz 160mm and I could be wrong but I think I used it for this event last year....dont think I had my Spark by then
You were on the Cube. The Spark didn't make an appearance until Brighton
I lie, I was on my ~32lb Butcher http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1307518745/

It was also possibly the last race where I dominated general sparks after catching him on the 3rd lap, riding with him for a bit then easily (via 5 heart attacks) dropping him near the end  :K)

160mm Devilles, well known xc race fork Big Grin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/swarbrick/5...6968066621
The days when treacle raced before he became a sofa boy Big Grin

"Sketchy finishing positions for 2hr Male which iirc was 19-39 (rounded off times)

3rd Derek 2hr40 (did a 4th lap)
9th Rich 2hr11
16th Me 2hr26
17th Mike 2hr27"
i will have to enter this on payday, now just got to figure how to get up there.
change of plan could be riding france that weekend.
Doing 6 hr pair this time.

Was good race last year - some of the same weather would be welcome.
Weather last year was perfect. Course was awesome too, think the best I raced on, if not the Big Dog.

Will do 2hrs should I enter. Need to whack in a lot of saddle time between now and then, come off the boil a bit recently.