This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easton Haven Carbon Riser Bars ?
Looking at maybe getting 2012 Easton Haven handlebar. 9 deg bend, 711 mm width, 31,8 mm diameter, lo rise 20 mm. (I can get trade prices  Tongue)

These weigh in at 170g  :o

They have great reviews but i hear Carbon in general becomes weakened when knocked ?

Don't really want carbon in my face if they snap, so anyone got any advice on carbon bars, or personal experience with them ?

Cheers,

Harry  ;D

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
I have these and I am assured by people in the know that I am totally incapable of breaking them.  Smile
Unless you're going off a lot of 12ft+ drops to flat you'll be fine.
Lol carbon is stronger than aluminium, and these bars are stronger than eastons aluminium ones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=end...lIZaw&NR=1
Cheers for that Vid, not worried now in the slightest. Ha ha  ;D
The strenght of carbon is way higher than that of ali. Dont believe they work harden (unlike ali). And yesy i have apair and they are not broken. but then again I've never broken ali ones either
I have a very light  carbon  fibre FSA handlebar an was worried it my brake as its so light but  the Carbon handle bars are very very strong , I cant  brake them !