This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saris/Forkup
Some advice from anyone using this set up...
Looking on CRC for this system and i take it I need-
1. The relevant length of track that screws to the bed of the van?
2. The number of QR skewers stands that slide onto the track??
3. This is the part that doesnt seem clear without getting hands on with it, for 20mm axles do I then get Fork Up's that then fit onto the 9mm QR's

Any advice would help please, I'm getting a VW Caddy so If you could tell me the length track as well as i didn't measure the back of the van when i looked at it would help  Cheers...
will you be squeezing lots of bikes in the van? I fit 2 bikes in my van without removing wheels and just using a bungee to strap them to the sides. A lot less hassle than removing wheels, and wont damage anything either.
[quote="]will you be squeezing lots of bikes in the van? I fit 2 bikes in my van without removing wheels and just using a bungee to strap them to the sides. A lot less hassle than removing wheels, and wont damage anything either.[/quote"]

Very true mate chucking a blanket between them and bungeeing is cheaper, just have too nick a blanket off the bed. Two max three bikes at a time, do you run a Caddy??
ive got a berlingo, and i used to have a Combo. Both take two bikes easily, no need for blankets or to take anything off the bike.
Cool saves some money to spend on other toys then!!!!
if you know a fabricator you could get them to knock you a frame together to screw down to the bed so you can put the rear wheels in so the handle bars are towards the rear doors and rear wheels driver end.

or just buy something like this and bolt it down...
http://www.cycling-for-fitness.com/wp-co...LSL500.jpg

or diy like this as someone else hashttp://www.tamiasoutside.com/2009/02/26/...bikestand/