This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another newbie! :)
Hi guys, just thought I'd drop in and say hello as a new boy! Smile

I'm actually the brother of another member from here, BennyP, and I've just ordered my new mountain bike to replace my 12 year old Marin Mount Vision! Here is the spec of my trusty new steed:-

Transition Bandit Frame, 2013 Fox Float 140 CTD 15 QR, Hope Pro2/Flow wheelset, XT Brakes, XT Shifter, XT Chainset, XT Front and Rear Mech, Reverb Seatpost, Fatbars, Thompson X4 Stem, Charge Spoon Saddle,
High Roller Tires.

Excited isn't the word!!  Hoping to have the bike built (from Biketart in Barham) and ready by next week for the Passportes du Soleil Alps trip!  I'm sure I'll be riding around Blean woods and Surrey Hills in the near future too!  8)

James
Brilliant bike and welcome to the forum ;-)
Don't trust him. He's shifty.

And whoever advised on that bike spec must be a GENIOUS!!!  Wink
"BennyP" Wrote:Don't trust him. He's shifty.

And whoever advised on that bike spec must be a GENIOUS!!!  Wink

with questionable spelling - GENIUS  Tongue
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Ah seriously, I am terrible recently. This is why I draw for living.
Good to have you along James!  Ben was raving about your new bike on Saturday - sounds awesome.  John's Bandit seemed to tick all the boxes in Wales - so sure to be perfect for the Alps...  Look forward to seeing you out & about soon Smile
"SlimJ" Wrote:Hi guys, just thought I'd drop in and say hello as a new boy! Smile

I'm actually the brother of another member from here, BennyP, and I've just ordered my new mountain bike to replace my 12 year old Marin Mount Vision! Here is the spec of my trusty new steed:-

Transition Bandit Frame, 2013 Fox Float 140 CTD 15 QR, Hope Pro2/Flow wheelset, XT Brakes, XT Shifter, XT Chainset, XT Front and Rear Mech, Reverb Seatpost, Fatbars, Thompson X4 Stem, Charge Spoon Saddle,
High Roller Tires.

Excited isn't the word!!  Hoping to have the bike built (from Biketart in Barham) and ready by next week for the Passportes du Soleil Alps trip!  I'm sure I'll be riding around Blean woods and Surrey Hills in the near future too!  8)

James

Not questioning your spec... I am no genious   Tongue

But do Fox really believe that toggling between settings on a fork is really a good thing....  

Cracking bike and it will be nothing short of a revelation compared to the old Marin... enjoy
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Welcome newbie Smile  I just want to say how completely not jealous I am of your Alps trip you guys are going on and I'll be MUCH happier trundling round Blean in the mud and filth.  Truth.

I shall see you about soon, no doubt  ;D
Welcome to the forum SlimJ, and very nice bike!
Thanks guys.

I shall try to get some pics up as soon as it arrives, before it gets dirty!! Smile