This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HP-UX Question
Probably one for Jimmy or Breezer but lets see...

How can you display what shells are running in HP-UX? The standard shell is ksh but running openlink requires it to have openlink.sh running too but I cant find a way of checking to see if its already running. Any ideas?
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
man ps

you'll need to supply parameters, no idea what they'll be on hp ux though. 'ps -elf ' normally works on solaris if memory serves.

So could try:

ps -elf | grep -i openlink

That should list processes running and filter on the string openlink, assuming my switches are correct.
Thanks, I was trying that very command (without the 'l') but wasnt getting the results I was hoping for (but yes you are correct). I was hoping it would show some kind of active shells listing somewhere or available shells.
openlink.sh indicates that it is just a script, so if it's not running you could simply run it.

[face=Courier]find / -name openlink.sh[/face] which will produce the location of the script which you should then be able to run just by calling the full path (assuming executable permissions on the file).
If permission denied, you'll need to call the shell program first (Linux is typically bash) followed by the full path to openlink.sh as openlink.sh is then passed in as a parameter.
[quote author=]openlink.sh indicates that it is just a script, so if it's not running you could simply run it.

[face=Courier]find / -name openlink.sh[/face] which will produce the location of the script which you should then be able to run just by calling the full path (assuming executable permissions on the file).
If permission denied, you'll need to call the shell program first (Linux is typically bash) followed by the full path to openlink.sh as openlink.sh is then passed in as a parameter.

[/quote]

Ah, I figured .sh was a shell rather than a shell script. That may explain it then. I know where it is but when I run it apparently nothing happens but the rest of openlink doesnt work unless you run this!

Cheers!