This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD: Mechs and shifters
Just worth asking as I'm bored, anyone have any spare/newer mechs or shifters lying about?

As you all know by now my new frame is due soon and will be running my 3yr old alvio kit on it unless I find some bargains.

Not urgent as I can run with what I've got, but would be nice.

9spd system.
ive got some sx4 stuff laying around .... would hate to burden you with that though Undecided, every shift is like trying to move a bloody  boulder Big Grin

to be helpful though CRC have got a sale on some of the XT stuff,
I'd post on the singletrackworld classifieds if you haven't already - got a great response whenever i have done.  Its a really busy forum!
I cant keep up with STW - A threaded forum really isnt the way to sell like that - needs to be more structured.

Ive posted wanteds anyway, just hope I can keep ontop of it!
The best way of keeping track on the STW classifieds is to click your profile and see if anyone has replied to the messages in the list there.  Then you can bump posts easily enough to keep them fresh (not that a forum mod would ever suggest such a heinous act)!
Had 2 replies already, one guy selling brand new full kit of XT parts for £110  - too much for me ATM.

Another reply just came through for F&R XT Mechs - says they're "older" type(?) - So asking for further details and info and pics.  Wants £22.50 posted so much more my level  Tongue

Anyone noticed how cheap I am yet!!  Tongue
Why not get sram with nice rear springs? Anyway, if its XT just get the model number ie 760 or 761 or whatever they are and you may want to make sure its not rapid rise and also what type of front mech it is, dont get one of the shelf style ones as its a mud magnet
"Breezer" Wrote:Why not get sram with nice rear springs? Anyway, if its XT just get the model number ie 760 or 761 or whatever they are and you may want to make sure its not rapid rise and also what type of front mech it is, dont get one of the shelf style ones as its a mud magnet

Sorry matey - Was the SRAM a joke? (Dont forget Im noob with bike parts!  Tongue)

The £110 kit was:
XT shifters (M770)
Rear mech (M772 shadow)
Front mech (M770)

Nice, but price not nice enough!  Tongue
No, Srams always had far stiffer springs so less chainstay slap although the latest Shimanos must have improved in this area but I cant confirm as I havent bought one for years.

£182 for that lot on CRC so £110 if new and unused is a bargain but regardless what you get, I would go for a "conventional" front mech as the top swing ones just act like a shelf for the mud to sit on, ie http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Model...elID=20685
Well, without much prodding, the M770 guy is down to £75.... getting warmer......

The cheaper guy has also responded:

"ok, it's m750 gear.
all good as far as functioning goes.
front looks great.
rear has faded xt logo.
"
He wants £22.50 for those used Mechs.

Your advice is very welcome - as Ive never needed to buy seperate kit and it seems Im well behind with what's out there.