This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BB question
right im thinking of giving my drive train a complete work over 1x10 sram x9 (in red).

i may already know the answer but i want to check. will sram cranks work with hope BB.
In the absence of a response from somebody more tech savvy,  i seem to recall they do but you might need some adaptor type bits. Laggingbehind will know as it is he who i spoke to about this back when i had a Sram crankset.
"Blackers" Wrote:In the absence of a response from somebody more tech savvy,  i seem to recall they do but you might need some adaptor type bits. Laggingbehind will know as it is he who i spoke to about this back when i had a Sram crankset.

Eh, I can't remember that....but as far as I know if it uses a external BB then a standard Hope one should be ok as they don't do variants but as Mr Blackers mentioned some like the Truvativ do need reducer adapters on the non drive side
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Eh, I can't remember that....but as far as I know if it uses a external BB then a standard Hope one should be ok as they don't do variants but as Mr Blackers mentioned some like the Truvativ do need reducer adapters on the non drive side

A looong time ago mate. I binned my Truvativ cranks in early 2010 I think.
"alpinerider26" Wrote:right im thinking of giving my drive train a complete work over 1x10 sram x9 (in red).

i may already know the answer but i want to check. will sram cranks work with hope BB.

Depends what sort of spindle is on the crank. If its a GXP spindle then yes it should fit, if its a BB30 spindle then no - but if you've currently got a non BB30 frame don't get that a BB30 crank, obviously  Smile
Id phone Orange first mate......

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/support/faq/XTR_compatibility_">http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/support/fa ... atibility_</a><!-- m -->

i know your not getting XTR but id still give them a call.

then let me know what they say  Tongue
Yes,but you need an adaptor thingy (crc have then) to run GXP cranks with a hope bb. Should be about £7.
I have SRAM Gxp cranks on my asr5 and was thinking about a hope ceramic bb. But, the SRAM cranks are fine, the SRAM bb is fine so,until either die, they will stay. But I have a spare xt set of cranks and two pairs of shimano bbs. So,can't really justify the hope yet.

Btw, have a Chris king bb on my yeti arc and don't rate it at all. Needed regressing after 4 (winter) months. May go on for ever, but reckon hope ceramic is the way to go Smile
i have hope ceramic on my alpine and havnt touched it for ages.
&quot;the great roberto&quot; Wrote:Btw, have a Chris king bb on my yeti arc and don't rate it at all. Needed regressing after 4 (winter) months. May go on for ever, but reckon hope ceramic is the way to go Smile

Suprised you had problems. Ive had one for about 18 months now and its still perfect, never touched it in that time either. Its done a good few wet welsh rides and a good number of soggy Surrey ones too so plenty of sand and grit flying around and its smoother than a babys bum!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Very good article here that explains the relative merits of ceramic bearings etc

Think I'll stick with plain steel for the moment...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Bearing_Breakdown_2822.html">http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Bearing_ ... _2822.html</a><!-- m -->

Andy