This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kent Air Ambulance ride 100km Sunday 26th
Kent Air Ambulance 2012
A charity cycle ride in aid of the KENT AIR AMBULANCE TRUST
Take up the challenge of a 30km (18 mile) or 100Km (62 mile) cycle ride. Riding on good quality roads with a feed station on the 100km route and all finishers receive a medal.

Sunday 26th August 2012. Starting from 9.30am.

Starting and finishing at “The Iron Rooms� Boughton Aluph Village Hall, Nr Ashford. TN25 4HP

Book in advance at £10.00 per adult & £5.00 per child (under 14)
Enter Online with Rider HQ: 100Km route or the 30Km route
For Download Entry Form & Download Sponsorship Form

http://www.medwayvelo.org.uk/kaa
Entry on the day is £15.00 per adult or £7.50 per child (under 14)

(Children under 14 should be accompanied by an adult. Children under 10 ride free but must be accompanied by an adult)

And get sponsored and help raise even more money for the air ambulance?

All proceeds from the day will be donated to

THE KENT AIR AMBULANCE TRUST. AFR NO:26558
Saw this the other day however unfortunately working. Might see if I can take the day off.
Could well fit this in, will check the calendar. Will do the 100K if free.
I think Me and the Mrs will have a go at this  Smile
Myself and my 65 year old dad have signed up for the full 100km. If anyone wants an excuse to hang around at the back and ride slowly in true sketchy style then feel free to let me know.

I'm doing it on my MTB (although with slicks) and my dad has his steel framed jalopy from the 70's. Quick will we not be.

(My wife is doing to 30km with a friend so if anyone wants someone to do the short version with, also let me know)
I may well be having a go at the 100 km route.
"Abzz" Wrote:I think Me and the Mrs will have a go at this  Smile

Yup all signed up now so Mrs and I will be getting our lardy arse around the 100k (I hope)  

No doubt we will be slower than Reg but as on the road bikes, a bit faster than Winnie and his dad (maybe)
I will be there with a mate from work and we will try out the 100 km route. Can any one tell me how to get the route from the web site for the ride onto a Garmin edge 305.
"2002" Wrote:I will be there with a mate from work and we will try out the 100 km route. Can any one tell me how to get the route from the web site for the ride onto a Garmin edge 305.

I havent got a Garmin but the website says the route can be downloaded as a GPX file so I assume that is a format the Garmin's instructions should explain how to download from your PC?

EDIT there are lots of "how too's" on Google

Looks like the weather should be kind for us tomorrow. Brought myself a new "crusing" saddle as the San Marco on my road bike gives me gip after 30 miles. As is the tradition on this site, i have brought a ...............Charge Spoon  Smile
Good luck! Hope it all goes well!  Smile