This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full-Sus DH, Transition 450 2 or Saracen Myst ?
Looking at getting myself a DH/freeride bike before i go to Chatel next summer. Obviously i will get some downhill under my belt and work on my bike skills before i get one.

Liking the look of the Transition 450 2 and the Saracen Myst Pro, i can get trade prices on these so it makes sense to go for them as i work in a bike shop.

Just wondering if anyone has a 450 or a myst pro and could give me an insight into the bikes ?

Cheers,

Harry     ;D

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
How much % do you get off?
40% roughly
I know absolutely guff all about DH bikes and what is good but from looks alone, the transition. YUM.
Yeah, tis' a Beaut !
lot of money to spend on a bike for a ride in France. Unless you have the enthuiasm and cash to travel each week you will find its little used once you get back.

Personally I would look for something you can pedal around that wont necessarily loose you any time on the local DH tracks you are likely to ride it on, which pretty much means Aston Hill, PORC and The Bull Track, (there is nothing else locally that would really justify a full on DH race bike, and really of those three a shorter travelbike will probably be faster at two of them anyway).

Something like a Specialized Enduro, Commencal Meta, or even a Santa Cruz Nomad.

Of the two bikes you mentioned if you like to fettle then go with the Transition as it has lots of adjustability. For setup and forget the Saracen would be good. Personally I would go with the Transition out of the two.
As Sailor says... neither would be your best bet.

if you really want a bike that you will ride only for DH and you actually have the money to burn that it would appear then a TR250 would be faster and more fun...  
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Sailor is right it pains me to say  Wink
&quot;Buzz&quot; Wrote:Sailor is right it pains me to say  Wink

He's allowed 2 rights per month.  Wink
if you have access to Saracen bikes at mega discount then take a look at the 160mm Ariel, Fox 36s yum.

Haven't you just built a tasty trail bike?
Keep it foolish...