This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wtd Stem
I'm after a stem for my commuter bike, probably around the 70 to 80mm mark. Anybody wanted to offload said item  ;D
I've got a specialized one that is 70 or 80mm, it's for oversized handlebars though,  would that be any good?
On holiday at the moment,  but can check the exact size when i get back at the weekend.
"Ad_Fav" Wrote:I've got a specialized one that is 70 or 80mm, it's for oversized handlebars though,  would that be any good?
On holiday at the moment,  but can check the exact size when i get back at the weekend.

Yes mate, its oversize I need. Have a look when your home & let me know how much you want for it  ;D
If that falls through, I've got an oversized one too; its quite a long one but don't know the dimensions, just sitting in the shed since I swapped it for a shorter one.

Let me know.
Hi

I checked the stem, it is 75mm and it adjustable so you can have either +8, -8, +16 or -16 rise/ drop.
£20
Let me know if you want any more info or pics etc?

cheers

"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Yes mate, its oversize I need. Have a look when your home & let me know how much you want for it  ;D
"Ad_Fav" Wrote:Hi

I checked the stem, it is 75mm and it adjustable so you can have either +8, -8, +16 or -16 rise/ drop.
£20

cheers

Thanks matey, I'm assuming that the adjustabnle ones will be fairly heavy... any ideas of its weight  Undecided
Hi
Weight is 172g.  Not sure if that is heavy or not!

cheers

"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Thanks matey, I'm assuming that the adjustabnle ones will be fairly heavy... any ideas of its weight  Undecided
Adjustable to specific angles sounds like a spesh stem.
Has a shim that goes on the steerer & stem goes over that.
Adjustment is achieved by rotating the shim &/or flipping the stem, hence the four fixed points.

Not heavy, good bit of kit.
"Ad_Fav" Wrote:Hi

£20

cheers

Hi Fella sounds interesteing, can you send be a pic...blayneatblueyonderdotcodotuk  ;D
have emailed photo's to you..

"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Hi Fella sounds interesteing, can you send be a pic...blayneatblueyonderdotcodotuk  ;D