This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blean, Wed 11th, 18:45 at Oaks Park
Just wondering if anybody will be out at Blean on Wednesday 11th July, never been before and would like to go with anyone willing. I can do any time of the day, but if i will need lights i will have to get some before hand. It will also be my first Sketchy ride  Smile
There's an evening ride normally on, 18.45, Oaks Park meet: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Oaks+Park,+Rough+Common,+Canterbury&hl=en&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=9.337858,31.59668&oq=Oaks+Park,+Rough+C&t=h&hnear=Oaks+Park,+Rough+Common,+Canterbury+CT2+9DP,+United+Kingdom&z=16">https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Oaks+P ... ngdom&z=16</a><!-- m -->

Normally finished by 9.15-45 route depending, lights are probably worth taking as a just in case measure.

I doubt I'll be along this week, still putting my bike back together...but I've not ruled it out completely!  
Yep, as Anna said, there will be a Wed evening ride. I will put a post up shortly.
Was at blean this morning, standing water everywhere and muddy as hell.
[quote=&quot;]Was at blean this morning, standing water everywhere and muddy as hell.[/quote&quot;]

Welcome back to soggy England then Sad
[quote=&quot;]Was at blean this morning, standing water everywhere and muddy as hell.[/quote&quot;]

Meh.  Sad
Think I'll have to get the HT out.  
&quot;Avril19&quot; Wrote:Think I'll have to get the HT out.  

when its this bad I leave the bike at home and run the trails.
Agree with Sailor,as I was there Saturday.After a few hundred yards bike looked like it would in November.Also,all this rain followed by resonable temperatures,is causing all the undergrowth to grow like mad making some trails tricky to ride.
From Blean went to across the A2 and into CourtWood/Denstead/Joan Beech Wood.Cutting loads of trees down here but OK to ride,then onto Larkey Valley.At the moment its better to ride on open trails,rather than woodland,a lot less mud.
I'm at risk of having a full on strop now.  I've not ridden since MM and not had a chance to run either....Getting a bit antsy..... Sad