This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front Hub Help
ok i managed to scrounge a second hand hub of a friend today, and had it laced onto the singletracks, the only problem is that the axle seems to make the disc rotor scrape along the caliper as it spins, so this led me to think maybe the axle is to far over to the one side....

am i right in thinking this ? and is there anyway to fix it ?

its a cup and cone hub if that helps
Re-align your brake caliper.  There should be some bolts on it somewhere that you can undo, apply the brake and retighten.  Should sort it!
"pittgoat" Wrote:Re-align your brake caliper.  There should be some bolts on it somewhere that you can undo, apply the brake and retighten.  Should sort it!

have already tried that unfortunatly  Sad the washer/spacer on the screw attatching the caliper to an adapter seems to be the culprit... thats what lead me to think that its the hub
As pittgoat says you will need to change the washer/s to a slimmer/thicker washer to get the adjustment. Make sure you have the same amount/thickness of washers on both bolts.  Some of these washers are micro thin because sometimes thats all thats needed.
Like you suggest, it can be done on the axle but its a real pain in the @rse to do as your taliking about such fine adjustments. You will struggle to be accurate enough moving the nuts & cones etc..
i tried just taking the washer off but it wont move over the thread of the screw... even when trying to unscrew the washer from the screw nothing

the other axle fitted fine, im in a lazy mood after hjust completing a 1500 word essay on stem cells in research so im just going to give it to the guy at ashford cycles to have a look at ... Big Grin
Standard Iso mount or post mount
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Standard Iso mount or post mount

the forks are IS mounts but the caliper is a post mount and there is an adaptor between the 2
You normally get a fair amount of adjustment on the post mounts, hence most manufacturers are changing to them. I must admit I'm struggling to picture the problem without seeing it. Unfortunately it sounds like a trip to the local shop... I'm sure when its fixed the answer is probably  a very simple solution... that always seems to be the way when you pay someone to do it. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.. Unless you can post/email a photo then we'll head scratch together so to speak.
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:You normally get a fair amount of adjustment on the post mounts, hence most manufacturers are changing to them. I must admit I'm struggling to picture the problem without seeing it. Unfortunately it sounds like a trip to the local shop... I'm sure when its fixed the answer is probably  a very simple solution... that always seems to be the way when you pay someone to do it. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.. Unless you can post/email a photo then we'll head scratch together so to speak.

dont worry about it your help was appreciated ;D

cant get a photo as the bike is away at my dads being fixed  Big Grin im not lazy honest  Wink